03

Smh

Smh. I must have a thing for black. Lol

About a week later

_____
Bryan

All of B5 was now back in the studio. We were working on our music and taking it as serious as ever. Chelsea did agree to produce us until Ricky pulled some strings to find us someone permanent. Even though everyone was on edge about her producing us, seeing that we didn't know the truth, I'll be the first to say that she was doing a good job.

While Dustin was laying his verse, we all sat around talking.

"I hope this doesn't take all night. I'm tryna get to the club." Kelly paced.

"I'm going with you." Carnell said to him.

"Nigga, your ass always tryna be seen somewhere."

"Patrick, damn. Let me be seen. You going too."

"Duh," Patrick laughed.

I tuned them out as I scrolled through my Instagram feed. I came across a picture of Naomi. Damn, she was looking good. I almost commented but I remembered that I have her number now...

Maybe I should text her.

I should.

I went to my messages and pulled up a new message thread. I typed in her name and tapped on it. Then I begin to text her.

Me: Hey.

I simply said and started to regret my decision immediately. I watched as she read the message and the typing bubble popped up.

Naomi: Umm, hey.

Damn.

Me: Is this Naomi?

Naomi: Um, yes.. who is this?

Me: I'm Kenneth. You can call me Ken.

Naomi: Okay, Ken. I don't know you.

Me: I got your number from your friend, Destiny.

Naomi: And how do you know me?

Me: from IG

Naomi: Nah, what's your IG name?

Shit, I thought. I switched from my messages to IG quickly. I started searching for guys named Kenneth or Ken. But how was I going to pull this off with him not following her dammit. Who thought this through? Not me.

"Bryan, you're turn.." Dustin said as he came out of the booth.

"You finished already?" I asked him.

"Yeah, man.."

I put my phone back in my pocket. I wasn't finished looking for what I needed but I went on because I didn't want to get cussed out.