32. Dramatic Memories

Start from the beginning

"He was planning to make Fairy Tail lose faith," Kazano replied.

"But, instead, they didn't," Renia smiled at the direction of Fiore, "They became stronger. They fought for something."

"Guys, you've been saying the word 'something' for a while now," Sycarto said to all of them, "What does it mean? Why do you keep saying it?"

Francinna just smiled at him, "Love. It was all for love."

---

DAY TWENTY - MEMORIES OF MAGIC

4:02 pm

-Laxus-Jellal-Jade-

---

"How could you? You acted mercilessly, but you didn't think of the possible consequences. You're wasting your lives," he mumbled, "And, the one thing that you have done and will regret for the rest of your lives is making Jade cry. I will kill you for that."

"F-Forgive us, please!" the man with the red hair was on the verge of crying.

"As if I would," he held the net tightly before tying it up. He went to a nearby river and began dipping the net in the water repeatedly.

"Laxus, calm down," Jellal said, "We're in a situation here."

Jade simply sat in their dining area, eating some food that Mirajane gave her, still sad.

"You're lucky that I was here to help Jellal," Porlyusica said to Makarov as she healed Jellal, "I do not care if he is a criminal... as long as he is with Fairy Tail."

"Er, I'm still a Crime Sorciere member," Jellal noted.

"I do not care."

Jade sighed. She just wanted to get drunk and die, so she could finally stop the pain. Laxus went to her and sat beside her before eating a piece of her food.

"So... are you okay?"

She shook her head. She wasn't in the mood to talk. She wasn't in the mood to do anything.

"I'm starting to think that you're losing faith," Laxus said, "It's kinda pissing me off. Like, after all, you were the one that led us to the right path and you're the one losing hope."

"You were the leader."

"No one ever was," he replied, "I just acted like the leader because I've always wanted to be followed. My dreams of being guild master were crushed like your dreams of being with your family in Algeak, you know. Everyone's walking on the same path, but they aren't so sure."

"Tell me, Laxus," she stood up, "What are you trying to say?"

"I'm trying to say that I'm here for you."

"And, so what if you are?"

"I'm here for you, because we're walking down on the same path, Jade!" he yelled, slamming his fist on the table, "I can't just leave you behind! If you were to die today, don't you care about how I feel? You're no longer alone, Jade. Someone's there to catch your back. And, that person would be me."

I'm no longer alone... That's right. Ever since they came, I had real people to talk to again. There would be times that we would go through hardships, but he was always there... to catch my back.

He does it for love, doesn't he?

"Thank you," she mumbled, smiling, before walking off to the infirmary.

She was finally satisfied with what she had.

---

DAY TWENTY - MEMORIES OF MAGIC