4. Dramatic Train Ride

Hello, minna-san. It is I.

It is me... is it...?

I'M HERE!

Alright, let's start the chapter.

-/-/-

Chapter Four - Dramatic Train Ride

-/-/-

Juvia dropped her fork.

"G-Gray-sama, are you sure about this?" Juvia asked Gray.

"Girlfriend?" Erza mumbled, "You mean... dating?"

"Yeah."

Erza didn't speak for a moment. Of course, love was something crucial to her. Something that either made her smile or made her cry.

Jellal... Gray, when you know I love him, why are you doing this? But, it's true that Jellal won't really love me back... Erza thought.

"I'd do the honors of being your girlfriend," Erza answered.

"YAY!" The whole restaurant cheered.

Lyon clapped, "This is a great day for the both of you. Don't you think so, Juvia-chan?"

"Y-Yeah, Juvia thinks so too," she forced a smile.

"Well, anyway, we're done eating," Gray said, "Lyon, time to pay."

"I don't get it, though. Why do I get to pay?"

"Because... you're an idiot?"

"Great."

---

Erza and Gray went back to Crocus through a train. It was midnight, so they were the only passengers on the train.

She wasn't speaking to him.

"Erza," he mumbled.

"Why did you do that in front of Juvia?" she asked.

"She doesn't really love me anymore," he answered, "and I like you, really."

"I agree with you, but still, you hurt her feelings."

"Erza, I can't just let her take over me and my life. My world won't revolve around her, and my feelings would stay in one place. It's not like she can control me and make me love her. Besides, she got Lyon," Gray replied.

"But, why me? Of all people, you chose me when you know I'm already in love with someone else."

And, she had that to slip out of her mouth. Her eyes widened when she noticed that, and Gray just looked out of the window.

"I knew it. We'd never really work out, would we?"

"Gray, I know you don't like me that way. You just did that to make Juvia jealous," Erza said.

"Then, what if I told you I did that because I love you?" [[Author: I love you, Gray.]]

Erza didn't speak for a moment. Gray wasn't waiting for an answer.

Once the train stopped, Gray got up and left.

"I'm going," he said before leaving.

---

"Geez," Gray lied down on his bed.

Gray was lying. He didn't love Erza that way. She just had to make Juvia jealous.

To cheer him up, he made himself noodles and a cup of coffee while watching reruns of The Simpsons.

"Homer, you dumbass."

"No, don't do that."

"Ugh, why'd you do it?"

Still, TV didn't cheer him up. So, he got up and decided to clean his things before going to sleep.

---

Gray tried sleeping, but every moment of that day just went into his mind, making him pissed off and guilty.

"Let it go! Let it go!" his ringtone suddenly blared.

"Who is it now?" he took his phone. He looked at the caller and his eyes widened.

"Hello?"

"Gray, I'm sorry for earlier," Erza said, "I just... don't know. You did that all of a sudden. But, let me ask you. If Juvia and Lyon weren't there, would you have done it?"

"Yes," he answered.

"Fine, we'll work it that way. Since Juvia knows that we're a couple, we should keep it up," she replied, "Mira would probably hyperventilate, but don't worry. We'll just keep it up for... seven months?"

"Sure, seven months."

"Good night."

"Same," he smiled.

And, that made him fall asleep, smiling.

---

"What do you mean you're a couple?" Mira had dropped the glass she was wiping.

"Gray told me to do a favor," Erza said, "It was to be his girlfriend."

"SO SWEET! OMG, I WANT MY OWN BOYFRIEND!" she squealed.

"Well, you'll get one soon," Erza replied before eating her cake.

"Hey, Erza," Gray went to the bar and sat beside Erza.

"Hi, Gray."

"OMG, OMG, OMG!"

"Keep it down, Mira!" Someone yelled.

"Have you two kissed already?" Mira grinned excitedly.

Oh, yeah... I forgot about the whole romance thing. Kissing Erza seems a little impossible, but maybe her mouth would taste like cake. Yeah, that sounds good. No, wait, no. No, it doesn't sound good. If I kiss her with force, she'll kill me with that goddamn sword she uses to slice her cake and to kill people. Cake and blood does sound good. Oh, Mavis, what the fuck am I thinking about? This is some messed up shi--- Gray's thoughts were disturbed by Erza.

"Well, we have, several times," she lied.

"Can you do it in front of me?"

Way to go, Mirajane Strauss, Gray thought.

"You see, public affection isn't really our thing," I answered.

"So you do it in a bedroom?"

"NO, GODDAMN IT!"

It was fun being with Erza, I admit. She was a different person when you loved her. And, I like her being different.

Maybe, she just doesn't see it.

"Brats, listen up!" Master yelled.

"What is it, Master?" Erza asked.

"Well, this guild would be going to visit us..."

"What guild?"

"The independent one, Crime Sorciere."

-/-/-

A pretty short chapter, but still a chapter.

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT, MINNA-SAN!

AND THANKS FOR 100+ READS IN HERE AND 600+ READS IN FAIRY ACADEMY!

I love you.

FearIsNotEvil