31. Dramatic Teams

Hey, hey, minna!

I cannot believe my eyes.

No, seriously.

I love you all...

10K!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU WITH ALL OF MY HEART, MINNA!

This is a special celebratory chapter, where plot twists arrive.

Let us begin.

-/-/-

Chapter Thirty-One - Dramatic Teams

-/-/-

DAY SEVENTEEN - THE GAP BETWEEN LIFE AND DEATH

11:32 am

-Natsu-Meredy-Juvia-

-/-/-

"I just thought of something!" Meredy snapped her fingers. They all stopped running.

"What is it?" Juvia asked.

"Didn't Gray call Jellal the night before we left for Algeak?" she said, "Then, we travelled for two days. That means... day seventeen plus three is equal to twenty days! We have five days to go!"

"Dammit! When five days are over... who knows what can happen?" Natsu mumbled.

"Juvia knows. Jade-san told her so."

"Wait, what?" the two turned to her curiously.

"Jade-san told Juvia that after every twenty-five day trial of Tornado Requiem, there would be five people who would die. She also told Juvia that this is the way of annihilation by Tornado Requiem, and she had managed to stay alive for years," Juvia frowned, "Unfortunately, the deaths are unpredictable. Jade-san said that the deaths were always the people who played a major role in the trial, but, since we are the biggest threat to Tornado Requiem... they might pick the people that matters the most to one of us.

"And, the worst part of it all, according to Jade-san, is that the people who might die are possibly based on Erza-san's loved ones. Erza-san loves us all, but since Tornado Requiem knew her well and her intention to foil their plans... they already might have predicted who would die. Those people would be the people that would do anything to save her."

Meredy put her hand on her mouth, extremely shocked, "It could be any of us... even us, as we speak..."

"Yeah..." Natsu mumbled before his eyes widened, "No."

"What do you mean, Natsu-san?" Juvia asked.

"No, no, no, no, no."

"What is it, Natsu?" Meredy turned to him.

"Crap, no, this can't happen," Natsu roughly ruffled his own hair, "Juvia, is there some sort of... sequence or order of the deaths?"

"Unfortunately, yes."

"Shit."

For once, Natsu was scared. Afraid. So afraid that he was hyperventilating about it. He sat down on the hard ground.

"What's the sequence?" Meredy turned to Juvia.

"The people who mean the most to Erza-san would go last."

And, I know who that person is... Natsu thought.

"We have to do our mission!" Natsu yelled as he stood up, "Run, run!"

Still, he was scared. He was already losing hope. And, faith. He was already losing faith. But, maybe, if there was a way to stop those deaths. To stop those deaths...