Reveals

Word Count: 1,693

I cannot believe today is the day! One week ago from today, my brother came into the tea shop invited me to his home in the middle ring. I don't know how he scored a house there, but I'm happy for him.

Yes, uncle was able to get the three of us jobs in a tea shop. A tea shop, go figure. I have no problem with it, it's a nice job where I meet nice people. I've even made a few friends! Uncle says I'll be able to get a boyfriend in no time. I usually just laugh it off, I doubt anyone wants to date me, and to be honest, I don't want to date anybody either. After Patyn, I really don't want to deal with the male species ever again. Only way for me not to get hurt is to avoid relationships at all cost, so that's what I'll do. I guess the only men I trust in my life is uncle, and maybe even Zuko...

I remember when Wang really wanted Zuko and I together. I laugh just thinking about it. Ok, he's cute, not denying that, but he's also cold, mean, obsessive, whiney- but he can also be sweet, caring, strong, his voice is hot, and- ANYWAYS, we just wouldn't be good together. I'd rather be his friend, and whatever girl he ends up with, well.. I wish them the best. I'm sure he'll treat her like a queen.,

"Hey."

I turn around to see Zuko returning to the counter with an empty tray.

"Oh, hey. How's it going?" I ask him.

"I can't stand it here. I'm about to go on my break, wanna ditch this place?"

"Actually, I was just leaving," I tell him.

"Where are you going?"

"Well, I'm going to the middle ring to visit my brother."

"Are you sure that's a good idea, what if he's working for my father?"

"My brother would never do that. Your father put him on the front line for betraying the Fire Nation. Please, I need to do this."

"Ok, I trust you," he says and nods while taking his apron off. "Let's go."

"Wait, what?"

"I'm going with you, what kind of friend would I be if I let you go alone?" He asks.

"Friend?" I ask amusingly.

"Are you coming or not?"

This is progress. I'm proud of him, and I think it's super sweet that he wants to come with me to make sure I'm ok.

"Ok, let's go."

...

Our walk was nice. We walked along the path leading to the middle ring for awhile. It was aligned with beautiful trees, and the sun felt amazing on my skin, and every once in awhile, we were greeted by travelers. The people here are much nicer than the ones at home. The middle ring folks in the Fire Nation weren't very nice- at least, not to me of course. Maybe it's because I was the poor girl who infiltrated their schools?

We arrived at the address Li had given me, and now we're anxiously waiting for him to answer the door- ok, maybe I'm waiting anxiously for hin. I can feel my heart pounding, and sweat building on my forehead. Can you blame me? My mother and father told me he was dead! I always hoped he wasn't, but now that I know... It's just a lot to take in. I hear the door creak open, and I am greeted by a face similar to mine.

Li.

He smiles at me, and embraces me in a tight hug.

"Hi, little sister."

"Hi, big brother," I breath out.

"Come in, come in. Prince Zuko, right?" Li asks turning to Zuko.

"Oh, hi. No, I'm Li- I mean, yes, I am Zuko, but-"