~42~

"Just one more mile." You mumble under your breath, nearly pushing your body to its limits.

The treadmill underneath your feet continues to move at a steady pace, leaving you without rest and out of breath. The gym has always been a way to de-stress from a difficult day for you, causing it to be a normal part of your daily routine.

The time on the clock only continues to tick as you complete your last exercise for the day. Do you have a bad tendency to overexert yourself? Yes. Do you care? Not at all. Sure, your throbbing legs would be in pain for the next few days but working out was your therapy.

"Beep." The treadmill made a high pitched buzzing sound, taking you out of your trance and telling you that you have completed your usual three-mile run. However, just three miles would not satisfy you today.

The constant stress from the holidays and work was getting to you and you could really use another few miles. However, you knew it would not be good for your body to overwork yourself, so you just settled for one more.

As you started tapping the numbers on the machine, a deep voice suddenly made you aware of your surroundings.

"You should really be careful, you look a little pale." A tall brunette stated while setting down his weights.

You look at him, back down at the shining numbers on the machine, then back at him again. He's right, you do feel lightheaded but didn't realize it until the stranger pointed it out.

"Yeah, you're probably right." You reply to him, reaching for your water bottle and stepping off of the machine.

"I'm Christian, by the way." He says sticking out his hand for a handshake.

"(Y/N)." You panted still out of breath, extending your arm. He gently shook it but you both didn't fail to realize how shaky it was.

After a few seconds, he broke the silence. "I'm done here for the day if you want to get a bite to eat."

"I'd like that. I probably need some protein anyways." You breathed, realizing how low your blood sugar had gotten.

Imagines ~ C. YELICHजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें