~ 16 ~

As Requested!

Thanks for the idea, Camille!

Please enjoy!

------------------------------------------

Ever since I got the phone call two weeks ago, my life has been a hectic mess. I had been offered the job as a head chef at a famous restaurant in Wisconsin and couldn't refuse. Of course, this meant leaving my home and family in Florida behind. Even though I know my parents are happy for me, their emotions of watching their only child move hundreds of miles away were too strong.

I let out a sigh of relief while sliding the final cardboard box out of the depths of my nearly empty bedroom closet. Flipping open the dusty top of the box, I carefully examine the contents of the box, and what I see completely blows my mind.

------

Flashback:

"Man, I can't believe we are graduating. I feel like it was yesterday we started high school." A tired looking Christian Yelich tells me while making himself comfortable on the leather chair in my bedroom.

"I'm just happy finals are over." I chuckle, adjusting the straps on my dark blue dress.

"Yeah, but I'm gonna miss you, (Y/N)." He pouts, sticking out his bottom lip. Seeing him like this hurts your heart. He has decided to pursue a career as a professional athlete and you've gotten accepted into an elite culinary program in Florida, meaning that it would be very hard to stay in touch. You knew that a break in your friendship would be inevitable, but you two have grown very close over the course of high school.

"I'll miss you too, Christian. But we still have all summer." You remind him, earning a solemn smile.

"I'll tell ya what," He begins, lifting himself off of the chair and digging through your desk for a pen and piece of paper. "Let's make a contract."

"What?" You question, confused.

"Yeah. How about if we are both single by the time we are 30, we'll get married." He mutters, scribbling words onto the piece of lined notebook paper.

"W-what?" You repeat, trying to hide the very obvious blush that is spreading across your cheeks.

"I need a signature please!" He says enthusiastically while handing you the pen. You glance over the contract and press the tip of the pen to the paper, signing your name in cursive under his. Of course, you've developed feelings for the baseball player, but they are just platonic, right? He'll probably forget about you once he becomes famous anyways, right?

------

Present Day:

You sit leaning against your bed frame with the piece of paper sitting on your lap. You've read through it multiple times, reminiscing about the amazing times spent with your old best friend. You can't help but notice the smile tugging at the corners of your lips.

You begin to stand up when a thought creeps into your mind. What if you want more than a platonic relationship with Christian?

He's probably moved on, and high school was years ago, but even still, it wouldn't hurt to catch up with him.

You pull the phone out of your pocket and dial the number of Mrs. Yelich. The two of you have stayed in contact over the years, going to lunch together at least once a month.

"(Y/N)! How are you, sweetheart?" Mrs. Yelich's sweet voice echoes from the opposite side of the phone.

"I'm great Mrs. Yelich! I actually called to tell you some good news, I got an amazing job working for a world-renowned restaurant in Milwaukee."

"Oh, I'm so proud of you (Y/N)!" She replied enthusiastically, obviously smiling. "You know Christian is playing baseball in Milwaukee? He's actually been asking about you. We are flying out to visit him in a couple of weeks. Maybe you could join us for a game?"

"Uh, that would be great!" You reply after a few seconds of silence.

"Sounds good, I'll talk to you soon, sweetie!" She says.

"Ok, bye Mrs. Yelich." You reply, pressing the end call button on your phone.

------

Three weeks have passed since you've moved to Wisconsin. You are now settled into your apartment and are starting to feel comfortable at your new job. Mrs. Yelich texted you last night asking if you wanted to go to a Brewers game tonight, and you happily accepted the invitation.

You are currently on your way to the arena to meet up with Christian's family. After parking your car and walking into the stadium, you finally find Mrs. Yelich in line to get hot dogs.

"Mrs. Yelich." You yell, approaching her from behind.

She turns on her heel and a toothy smile spreads across her lips when she sees the voice belongs to you.

"(Y/N)! It's so good to see you!" She squeals, engulfing you in a hug.

"You too." You reply, returning the hug and help her carry the food to your seats.

"Well, if it isn't (Y/N)." Mr. Yelich says when he sees you taking the seat next to his wife.

"Good to see you, Mr. Yelich." You say before a loud announcer alerts you that the game has started.

------

After a fierce game between the Brewers and Cardinals, the home team is declared the winner.

You follow the Yelich's and exit your seats, and head to the lower levels of the stadium to meet Christian. After what seems like an eternity of waiting in the carpeted hallway with your second parents. The team finally exits the locker room.

Hearing the noise of voices and footsteps behind you, you turn from the conversation you were having with Mr. Yelich to try and spot Christian. Before you know it, you are being engulfed in a hug from a very happy looking baseball player.

"And I thought you forgot about the contract." He says while spinning you and smiling.