~ 15 ~

"You sure about this, (Y/N)?" Lorenzo Cain asked you to confirm while reaching into his jeans pocket to reach for a pair of keys.

"It's too late to turn back now." You smile at him while standing in the dimly-lit hallway outside the door of Christian Yelich's apartment.

Were you in way over your head? Probably, but you had to get revenge on the baseball-superstar for covering your car in post-it notes last week. You and Lorenzo had planned to cover all of Yelich's furniture in sticky notes while he was away for the weekend visiting family for his mom's birthday.

The keys in Lorenzo's hands jingled as he unlocked the wooden door. He pushed the door open to reveal Christian's unorganized small apartment. You were the first to walk in and flip on the lights. The walls were a disgusting shade of beige that almost made you want to vomit.

Yelich's floor plan was terribly small and was obviously meant only for one resident. He had a small kitchen that you noticed as soon as you walked in. You set the plastic bag full of post-it notes in his white countertops and Jacob followed you inside. On one side of the room was a couch piled with unfolded laundry and piles of blankets. The black leather couch was facing a small TV that was equipped with an Xbox and video games galore.

To the side of the couch was a table and desk chair that was piled with opened mail and bills. Christian's bedroom door was on the right side of the couch and had a poster for the Brewers on it.

Even your small apartment seemed like a haven compared to his. In the kitchen, unwashed dishes were piled up in the sink and the trash looked like it hadn't been taken out in weeks. It took every ounce of self-control you had not to clean the place. You had to keep your eyes on the prize, getting revenge.

"Alright," You say to Cain while digging through the shopping bag. "I'll start in the living room and you can do his bedroom."

Even though you had already broken into his apartment, you wanted to respect his privacy as much as possible and stay out of his bedroom. "Gotcha." Lorenzo says while grabbing a stack of the paper from your hands and heading into Christian's bedroom.

You take the wrapper off of the first stack of notes and walk over towards TV that rested on the ground and started applying the sticky-notes in a line across it.

After using nearly three packages, you were done with the TV and Xbox and step back to appreciate your handiwork. The neon colors were giving you a headache but you were determined to finish what you had started.

You walk across the carpeted room and started to clear off some of the papers on his desk when a certain stack of envelopes bound together by twine caught your attention. You checked who the letters were addressed to multiple times to make sure your eyes weren't playing tricks on you.

They were all clearly addressed under your name. But why hadn't he sent them? They even had stamps in the top right corner.

You craned your neck to make sure you weren't going to be interrupted while snooping through Jacob's belongings. Completely throwing out the window what you though earlier about respecting his privacy, you removed the piece of string to inspect the letters more closely. Luckily for you, they hadn't been sealed so you could easily make it look like nothing had happened.

Cain was still working hard on the bedroom and hopefully wouldn't suspect anything. You slide the first letter from the envelope and begin to read.

(Y/N),

It's two in the morning and I still can't get you out of my head. You drove me absolutely insane with the yellow dress you were wearing today. You make me so happy, dammit. This is so cruel. I know you would never say yes if I asked you out. I also know that you will never read this letter. Maybe it's for the best, you deserve someone better than me. Why am I so desperate. I wish I had the guts to send these to you, but I can't ruin our friendship. You are the reason I get out of bed every morning. But who am I kidding, it breaks my heart every time I see you knowing that I'll never be good enough. I know that you will never read this, but I just want you to know that you are loved.