~ 19 ~

Another short one! If anyone has tips to get over writer's block please let me know! Enjoy the chapter!

-------------------------------------------------------

Your boyfriend playing baseball for the Milwaukee Brewers was a blessing and a curse. Sure, you got the benefit of his massive paycheck, but he was barely home during the season. His time was mainly focused towards baseball, but this didn't mean he was a bad boyfriend.

He always took care of you and was one hundred and ten percent loyal. He wishes that he could spend more time with you, but away games kept getting in the way.

The Brewers were headed to St. Louis to play the Cardinals and you insisted that you were the one to drive him to the airport. He gave in to your request after only seconds of thought, knowing that you missed him.

The car ride went by too quickly. The two of you rocked out to your favorite songs on the radio with the stereo volume turned on high. Your playlist consisted of AC/DC, Taylor Swift, The Beatles, and your personal favorite, Journey.

You pulled the car into an open space along the curb outside of the airport and turned off the music which earned a grunt from your boyfriend who was singing along to Taylor Swift's Shake it Off.

Laughing at him, you look at the clock above the stereo. 4:30. Christian was supposed to meet everyone at the gate to his plane at 4:45. Nearly kicking him out of the car, he grabs his bags from the trunk and runs inside after kissing you goodbye so he won't be late.

He runs through the glass sliding doors and disappears into the crowd. You climb back into the driver's seat of your truck once he is out of sight. Reaching down to take the car out of park, you notice that Christian had forgotten his plane ticket.

"Shit." You mumble under your breath while pulling out your phone to text Yelich. The screen lit up for half of a second before powering off. You had completely lost power from how long it had been plugged into your car to use for music.

Pushing the door open, you grab the small piece of paper and run inside of the building. Gate three, gate four, gate five, gate six, you said in your head while running through the crowds, pushing people aside. Here, gate seven. This is where Christian was supposed to be.

Scanning the lines of people who were waiting to go through security, you recognize Christian's chocolate brown hair and yell his name, "Christian!" He looks back at you and explains his predicament to the security guard.

After getting a nod from the guard, Yelich walks to you and takes the ticket from your hands. "Thanks, babe. You are such a lifesaver!" He rejoices and gives you a quick peck on the cheek.

You get ready to tell him how it wasn't a big deal when one of the security guards yells across the large room to Christian. "Hey, buddy. Is this your ring?"

The man in the yellow vest held up a small black box that held the biggest ring you've ever seen inside. The metal in the jewelry had obviously tipped off the machine that did the screening.

"Y- Yeah." Christian answers him and the guard puts it back inside of his backpack that was resting on the conveyor belt. You smile and blush, knowing exactly what kind of ring it was.

Yelich walks back to the man while giving him a death glare after telling you to stay there. He swipes the box out of his backpack and walks back over to you, noticeably tense.

"Well, now that the element of surprise is gone," Christian begins while kneeling down, "(Y/N), will you marry me?"

"Of course I will!" You say quickly with tears welling in your eyes. He stands up and slips the ring onto your finger, earning a round of applause from all of your peers.