Confidence and Friends

Taylor's P.O.V.

I started school again today.

After I got a concussion, I was out for a week, as you know. You also know that Ed stayed out with me. But, the week passed, and now I was sulking in the car at 6:30am with a yawning ginger next to me.

As we pulled up to the school, I let out a sigh, squeezing the hand I had been holding for the duration of the ride. Ed's hand squeezed back. He glanced over at me, looking concerned, and I gave him a small, reassuring smile. He quickly pressed a small kiss to my now flushed cheek and reluctantly let go of my slightly unsteady hand. We both climbed out of the car and ambled through the crisp May morning air, into the slightly warming school.

The place where all of the judgmental people were.

I surprisingly felt a sense of confidence rush through me, and I grabbed the rosy-cheeked boy's hand that was inches from mine. He looked at me in surprise, and I just smiled. He smiled back and relaxed his hand into mine. Together, we walked the short walk into our first class, looking straight ahead and not around at the confused faces surrounding us.

Guess who had the pleasure of teaching us? Take a wild guess. Just do it. Still don't know? Well, I guess I'll tell you.

Mr. Smith.

As the bell rang, I glanced at Ed quickly before the devil himself pranced through the door, looking especially evil. Maybe he always looks like that.

Ed had told me that after I fainted in detention, he had been panicked, but was only worried about himself getting in trouble for my injury. He had watched Ed carry me out of the classroom in a rush with a blank expression and had told Ed that detention was cancelled. At least he had a portion of a heart to cancel it. I was surprised he didn't laugh with success of my injury but I guess people can surprise you.

As he caught sight of the two of us, he scowled but did not mention anything. I looked over at Ed, who was motioning towards Mr. Smith, (who had his back turned) and then narrowed his eyes towards him, as if saying 'judging you'. I stifled a laugh as Ed also pulled a double chin face and bowed my head down into my arms on the desk, trying not to make a sound.

God, I love that idiot.

________

Sadly, the next class I had was science, and the next class Ed has was History. As we parted ways, I shot him a nervous glance, and he shot back a 'you got this' smile. I turned the corner into the room and took my place at my seat. I saw a shadow approaching me and turned my head to the sound of a chair scraping against the linoleum floor. Alyssa was taking her assigned seat beside me.

I gave her a wide smile. She normally didn't talk to me, as she was quite shy, but I felt as if we had a different relationship now, since what happened before.

"You feeling any better?" She spoke finally, a sympathetic but understanding tone in her voice. She had found out mostly everything. I felt bad about keeping everything from her as she drove me to the hospital, so I had told her what happened as she scoffed and told me her opinion on men. I had giggled slightly then, surprising myself with my happy-ish tone. At the hospital, the doctor had told her a part of my life story, which was stupid but I expected it. So, that explained why she has offered her help with my situation. Anyway, back to reality.

She looked down at my cast as an indication she meant "better" as in physically and mentally.

"Yeah, thanks. We made up, and my arm feels better. Again, I really appreciate you driving me." She just nodded.

"By the way, I just wanted to say I think you're really awesome and amazing and nice and pretty okay I'm awkward." She gushed, and I laughed.

"WOAH, that means a lot, wow thank you so much." I looked her up and down quickly, taking in her true beauty that I had just noticed. Her brown hair cascaded past her shoulders, wavy and shiny. Her skin was clear and smooth. She wore glasses, but they completed her look. I leaned in closer to her.

"Hey, I have a secret. I think you're really sweet and beautiful and amazing and I love your hair." We both laughed at that.

New friend? I think so.

_______

HAY GUYS SO I DONT KNOW WHAT THIS CHAPTER IS REALLY BUT WHATEVS IM POSTING IT BC AW.

SORRy foR THE LESS DESCRIPTIVE LANGUAGE. ITS LITERALLY 2AM AND I WAS JUST LIKE "IM GONNA WRITE A CHAPTER" WITH NO IDEAS WHATSOEVER.

THIS IS WHAT I CAME UP WITH.

ENJOYYYY. ILYYYY.

-Sneakers11