Falling and More Falling

Saturday. 5:00 am. May 31.

Taylor's P.O.V.

I awake to the sound of my alarm going off. It was still dark out, so I was confused. I thought it was Saturday. Oh... Wait... It is. We have detention. Ew.

I roll over only to find Ed's arms are still tangled around me from last night. I smile, and slowly wiggle out of his grip. He moved and groaned slightly, but still slept on.

I got up to shower quickly. I grabbed a towel and some fresh clothes and went into the bathroom to turn on the shower and wait for it to heat up. Once it was the right temperature, I got in. I thought I heard the door creak, and listened for a second before going back to what I was doing.

"TAYLOR!" Ed yelled out of the silence. I screamed.

"ED FUCKING SHEERAN I WILL KILL YOU IN YOUR SLEEP!"

"Shoulda while you had the chanceeee." He sang. I sighed.

"Get out, this is awkward. I'm showering." I started to become self-conscious.

"I can't even see you."

"ITS THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS. Now get out before I poison your food."

"Remind me not to eat your cooking for the next few days."

I smirked. "Maybe I won't. Who knows. It'll be coming when you won't...even... EXPECT IT!" I yelled, and threw a shampoo bottle at him from behind the curtain. I guess he caught it.

"You should really work on the whole 'element of surprise' thing." He said, semi-laughing.

"GO EAT YOUR FOOD GINGER."

"Okay. I'll cook. Who knows what you'll feed me." I laughed and heard the door shut. God, that kid. I continued showering.

Halfway through washing my hair, I heard the door open again. I smiled.

"Ed Sheeran, I swear to god I will give you three seconds to get out or I will begin planning your death."

He said nothing. I could see his silhouette moving near the large mirror. What was he doing?

"Edward. Leave my presence." I heard the door slam shut. Satisfied with my clean self and with the fact that Ed was gone now, I turned off the water and stepped out, wrapping a towel around myself. I walked over to the mirror and gasped, holding on the the wall for support.

On the mirror, written in the steam built up from the hot shower, was a note. But not just any note.

'I've warned you. Now, it begins.

Yours truly,

Your worst nightmare.

(Or, as you may know me, -D)'

I screamed. My feet fell from beneath me and my vision spotted into black.

_______________________

(A/N- I decided to be nice and continue the chapter so it wasn't left with this. NO NEED TO THANK ME.)

Ed's P.O.V.

I hummed a new tune in my head and flipped some chocolate chip pancakes. Mine, and Taylor's, favorite. Oh yeah, where was Taylor? The pancakes would be done soon. I flipped them onto the plate and brought them to the table. I was about to go check on Taylor...

Then I heard a scream. And a bang.

"Taylor?" I said up the stairs, hoping.

No answer.

"TAYLOR?!" I ran up the stairs and into her room. She wasn't there. Bathroom? I opened the door. There I saw a wet Taylor sprawled on the ground, a small amount of blood coming from her head. She must have hit it. I thought I was going to be sick.

I knelt to the ground and felt her pulse. Better safe then sorry. She was alive. I went over to her and shook her slightly.

"Taylor? Honey, are you awake? Are you okay?" I quietly pleaded. I didn't want her to wake up to see me freaking out.

"Taylor? Please wake up, please be okay..." I couldn't help it. I cried. My poor baby, lying there, injured. I couldn't help but wonder what happened. I looked around but couldn't see anything. Maybe she slipped and fell, hitting her head, causing her to scream. But then I realized...

She screamed before she fell.

My head churned with possible scenarios. It couldn't have been something as small as getting scared by a spider or something... She sounded... Terrified. Horrified. Not by a spider, by something... Big.

I kept my eye on Taylor to make sure she was still breathing. I wasn't sure what to do. Then, all of the sudden, I heard something.

"....mom?"

I looked at Taylor, who's head was slightly moving, her eyes fluttering.

"Taylor? Taylor, honey, it's me, Ed. Are you okay? Well, duh, of course not, that was a stupid question. But re-"

"Ed." She weakly smiled and put her hand on top of mine. "I don't know. I don't know anything anymore." She frowned, then closed her eyes.

"Taylor, stay awake. You might have a concussion. I think you hit your head. What happened?" I stroked her face lightly with the back of my hand.

"I...I don't...know...I...." She was falling asleep. I knew something bad could happen if she did, so I tried to keep her awake.

"Do you think you can stand? We can walk to the car and I can take you to the hospital."

"No, no I'm fine. We have to get to detention." She smiled, her eyes still closed.

"I really think..."

"No, really, I'm fine. Can you help me up?" I reluctantly stuck out my hand

to help her. She stumbled slightly but smiled at me reassuringly.

"So.. Do I smell pancakes?" She smiled again.

I helped her down the stairs, afraid that she would fall. She just laughed, assuring she was fine. I didn't believe her. We ate and talked normally and she started to gain some color back in her face. I felt a little better about that.

We drove in mostly comfortable silence to the school. When we arrived, I still helped her walk a little, putting my arm around her waist and pulling her close. We walked into the room to see Mr. Smith with an unsatisfied look on his face.

"Good to see you. Sit. You will be here until 12 o'clock. No talking. You will sit here in silence. Time starts now."

(A/N IM SORRY IVE NEVER BEEN IN DETENTION IS THERE EVEN SATURDAY DETENTION ANYMORE IDK IM A GOODY GOODY)

I look at Taylor to see her putting her head on her desk. I looked to make sure Mr. Smith wasn't watching us and tapped her. She weakly looked at me and smiled again. Something wasn't right.

"Ed?" She said, loudly. She didn't seem to care if Mr. Smith heard us. He looked up from his book.

"Yeah?"

"I should've gone to the hospital."

And then she fell out of her chair, and fainted, again.

_______

GUYS HERES A LONGISH CHAPTER AS AN APOLOGY FOR NOT UPDATING EVERY FRIDAY LIKE I SAID. SORRY IF ITS SCATTERED IM WRITING THIS AT 1 AM SO ANYWAY ENJOY. I LOVE YOU GUYSSSS.

(Btw not as bad of a cliffhanger, YOU ARE SO WELCOME.)

-Sneakers11
(6.16.14)