Truth and Staying

After the kiss, everything was different. We just smiled at each other and watched TV, with a slightly awkward silence drifting between us. It was Ed who finally broke the silence.

"Well, I better get going. We have school tomorrow."

(YES THEY ARE 17 AND 16 AND THEY ARE WRITING SONGS BC THEY WANT TO AND SHE HAS MEREDITH DONT JUDGE ME OKAY)

"Oh right. Well..." I trailed off.

"Well what?"

"Never mind."

"Seriously, what?"

"Well okay," I started. "Do you maybe want to...stay over?"

He was silent for a minute, and my heart kind of sank. I tried to cover it up.

"If you don't want to, that's fine I mean I know we like just kinda sorta started da-"

"I'd love to." He said. I stopped and smiled at him.

"You really want to?"

"Of course. What about your parents?"

"They're gone for the week on a business trip." I assured him.

"Well then, let's get ready!"

----------------------------

We ended up watching movies and eating junk food until 11:00. I started yawning and tried to hide it, but Ed noticed.

"I think it's time for beddddd."

"Nooooooo."

"Yessssss. School. Bed. Now." He said, his accent clear.

"Ugh." I sighed, but got up anyway. I went to the bathroom to change and brush my teeth, a tank top and sweats in hand. I changed out of my day clothes into my pajamas. (The tank top and sweats) Then I brushed my teeth, took my hair out of its ponytail, and wiped off my makeup. Then I walked out, immediately conscious of Ed staring at me. I looked away. I knew I looked bad.

"I know I know I'm ugly. Don't look." I said.

Ed's smiled turned angry. What did I do?

"Taylor." He said, still sounding annoyed, stepping towards me. I looked down, but he pulled my chin up with his finger. I stared into his eyes, wondering why he was mad at me. I said the truth.

"Taylor." He said again.

"Listen to me." I nodded.

"You are not ugly. You may think you are, but you're not. I don't care if everyone but me tells you that, you don't believe them. Okay? You are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. Your curly blonde hair is beautiful. You are skinny. You don't need makeup. You are so amazing. Don't let anyone ever tell you the opposite. EVER. You. Are. Flawless." I blushed. I still didn't believe him. But even then, in that small moment, I felt beautiful. Brave. So, I crashed my lips onto his. And he kissed back.

-----------------------

We stayed like that for a while, every so often we'd stop and rest out foreheads together, just staring into each other's eyes.

God, I love him.

Wait.. Do I? We just started dating. Well, kind of. But.. I don't really know. Maybe I do? But I can't tell him. I just can't.

"Okay, now we REALLY have to go to bed." He said. I groaned but again didn't resist. He started to gather pillows and a blanket to sleep on the floor, but then I stopped him.

"Do you wanna... Sleep in my bed with me?" I blushed.

"Sure, love." He climbed into my bed and I covered us both with the comforter. I turned out the light and got settled next to him, lying on my back. We were both quiet for a minute, staring at the ceiling.

"I love you." I said it. Wait. I said it. WHY DID I SAY IT. WHY. WHAT.

"I love you too. I really do." WHAT HE SAID IT BACK. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. HE SAID IT BACK. OH MY GOD.

I just smiled, turned to the side, and hugged him. He kissed my forehead. I nuzzled into his shoulder and we both fell asleep, hugging. Just like that.

__________

A/N: I LOVE THIS CHAPTER IDK WHY I JUST ITS KINDA LONG AND JUST ED AW AW AW