Chapter 58: Split

Vegito was kneeling down, hiding beside a boulder catching his breath. Hump, gotta hold on a little bit more. Suddenly a hand with a black glove on it, phased through the boulder grabbing Vegito's face. Tsk! Vegito went to grab the wrist of this mysterious arm but his hand went right through. Huh?! Obito's mask phased through the rock making Vegito gasp as he was kicked in his stomach. Why can't I hit him?! Vegito flipped away, creating some distance between the two. Obito walked through the boulder while explaining, "Ah yes, this fusion technique always intrigued me. Now I can test it for myself."

  Obito dashed towards Vegito who threw a punch that simply phased through Obito's mask. Vegito grunted as Obito struck his chest with a elbow, pushing him back some. Vegito dashed forward with a ki blast in his hand but he phased right through. Obito kicked Vegito in the back of his head making him tumble across the ground. Vegito disappeared then reappeared behind Obito who allowed the kick to phase right through his head. Vegito spun around before throwing a few punches that Obito dodged while laughing, "Heh, even at full power. You wouldn't be able to defeat me."

  Vegito landed a punch which slammed Obito's head into the ground, creating a small crater with minimal smoke. I was getting sick of him talkin-. Obito phased through the stage, kicking Vegito in his face. He faked getting hit?! Vegito preformed several handsprings backwards before landing on his feet. Fighting an opponent like this is dangerous but, someone has to do it. Vegito called out, "Fine, if physical attacks won't reach you then I'll just blow you away."

  Vegito put his cupped hands to his side as a blue orb formed in his palms. Obito did not move as Vegito yelled, "KAMEHAMEHA!"

  Vegito thrusted his hands forward, blasting a blue beam at Obito causing a huge explosion. That should do it. Vegito looked around, trying spot Obito but he was no where to be found. Did he fall off?

While Vegito was looking around while Obito was emerging silently from the ground behind the fusion. Gohan suddenly shouted from the bleachers using his hands over his mouth to project his voice, "Guys behind you!"

  By the time Vegito had turned around Obito's fist was merely inches away from his face. C-crap! Obito landed a punch which hit Vegito square in his jaw causing Goku and Vegeta to split. Obito stood over top of Goku and Vegeta who were in pain as the shivered on the ground.

  Vegeta grunted, "D-dammit! His attacks were too unpredictable."

  Goku groaned, "We can't give in yet. Ungh."

Caulifla crosses her hands over her chest while sighing, "Welp, guess we're going home. There's no way Jiren can take out every fighter left on the stage, it's just improbable. And not to mention Goku and Vegeta are about to be eliminated by that creepy guy."

  Kale whimpered while holding her hands together, "M-maybe Jiren will be able to win."

  Hit noted, "It's very unlikely considering Jiren used a good portion of his power to eliminate us. Victory is far fetched."

  Gohan sighed, "So there's really no way we make it to the end of this."

  17 and 18 quietly continued to watch as the fate of their team was about to be announced.

Obito shouted, "And now I'll blow you away! Fire Style: Bomb Blast Dance!" Obito jumped back into the air before blowing a swirl of flames towards the fallen Saiyans. Vegeta closed his eyes angrily while Goku yelled, "Nooo!"

  Saitama could be seen running towards the swirling fire with his arm cocked back. Saitama punched the air so hard he sent a shockwave forward, blowing the fire away. Goku gasped, "T-thank you!"