Chapter 7: A Night to Remember

I'm back everyone, I'm sure you all missed me. For those whom were wondering why I was away, I said in my Bio that I have been juggling 4 school assignments. Now that it's my holidays, I can update again. Though it might be a bit slow due to me catching a mild cold. Other than that, enjoy the fluffy chapter.

"Serena?" Ash asked. He was stunned at the sight that appeared in front of him. Sure, he has seen Serena wearing casual clothing but not much as an adult. Plus, her hair has been cut to above shoulder length. What was with this sudden change?

"You look different" Ash stated.

"Yup, just felt like I needed a bit of a change" Serena replied.

"So, if you don't mind me asking" Ash trailed off to, "What brings you here?"

"I was wondering if you want to go have a walk at the park with me" Serena answered with a hint of a blush.

"Sure, I don't have anything to do." Ash exclaimed.

The two made their way to Lumiose Park, strolling under the moon lit sky. Ash eyed Serena carefully, he wondered why she suddenly had this haircut. Though, he actually liked the short hairstyle, it made her look more attractive. Serena noticed him eyeing her and blushed at what he could be possibly thinking. As they made it to the centre of the park, Serena decided to break the silence.

"Hey, I've been meaning to tell you something" She started.

"Go on?" Ash replied.

"Well firstly, I'm sorry for what I said back there." Serena explained, "I'm sure I hurt you after my harsh tone towards you from the horrible memory"

"Hey, it's okay, the past is in the past" Ash ensured, "I mean, Miette feels bad about what she did 15 years ago and she told me she's in a relationship with Calem"

"Oh, that's good" Serena sighed. "And I want to tell you another thing"

"I'm listening" Ash replied.

"I still have feelings for you" Serena confessed, "I tried to bottle it up and hide it from me because deep down, I still loved you" Serena added, "Knowing that you came back, I wasn't sure how I would react, would I have been happy or became harsh like before."

"Serena" Ash muttered.

"But now I realised after you saving me that I do in fact still have feelings for you" She ended, "Though, I think you might have moved on"

"No Serena" Ash abruptly said causing Serena to be surprised, "Every day in the Aura Kingdom, I never stopped thinking about you", Ash explained, "My main goal was to see you again after I was able to leave the Kingdom"

"Ash" Serena whispered with her hands covering her mouth.

"I've always had feelings for you and they never died down, Andrew always told me to never give up on who I care about" Ash added, "That's why I came all this way to Lumiose, just to tell you that I love you"

Serena couldn't help it, tears started trailing down her eyes. Before he had time to react, she planted her lips on his. Ash was surprised at this sudden action but returned the kiss knowing that she had feelings for him. However, they were interrupted by the sudden thunder and rain began pouring over Lumiose City.

"Damn Andrew and his accurate weather machines" Ash sighed. The two ran back to Lumiose Workshop since that was the closest place they could stay.

Back at the Workshop

Upon arriving back to the workshop, the two started drying themselves off. During this moment, an unfamiliar face to Serena suddenly walked in on them. It was a woman who was wearing a green beret, a grey cardigan and a pink dress underneath. (Think of the Sword and Shield female trainer)

"Oh, good to see you again Ash" She greeted in a Scottish accent.

"Ash, who is this?" Serena asked with a suspicious look.

"Oh, Sandra, this is my childhood friend Serena" Ash introduced, "Serena, this is Andrew's girlfriend Sandra"

"Hello, I'm glad to see you two have made up from what Andrew's told me" Sandra exclaimed as she shook Serena's hand.

"Andrew has a girlfriend huh, I always took him as the awkward type" Serena stated.

"I HEARD THAT!!!" Andrew yelled from a distance.

"I'll leave you two alone, I'm going to sort out the herbs I brought back" Sandra said, leaving them be.

"The rain isn't going to stop for a while so I suggest you staying over" Ash exclaimed.

"Really, but I don't have any pyjamas" Serena pointed out.

"Andrew has some spares he bought for any guests" Ash explained, "I'm sure you'll fit in a pair"

After the two washed up and settled down, it was time that they hit the hay. Serena decided to sleep in the same bed as Ash mainly because that was her best option. Slightly embarrassed by this, Ash was wondering if they were moving too fast. Eventually, he decided that it was okay.

"You know, I'm glad you still have the same feelings for me" Ash exclaimed.

"Me too, and I'm glad that you're finally back" Serena added.

"I love you Serena" Ash told her.

"I love you too Ash" Serena replied.

The two started off with just a short kiss, momentarily, it turned to a much longer one. The two started making out way more and pushed closer against each other. The two didn't have much experience in this field as Ash was isolated and Serena wasn't very social after his disappearance. However, their fun was interrupted by a sudden voice.

"If you want to do any form of physical activity, I suggest you turn on the sound proofing" Andrew called out, "I don't want to be hearing any of this"

The two blushed realising how loud they were acting just then. Ash grabbed the remote on his bedside chest and turned on the sound proofing. The two went back to their business, now that nobody can hear them.

No, I am not writing a lemon. I was thinking of doing that but I decided against it because I didn't want to go into too much detail. If this chapter gets 12 votes, I will consider writing a lemon.