Chapter 1: I Don't Belong Here

Light shone brightly at Ash's eyes as he awoke, it reminded him of the strong sunlight when he awoke from the grass. He tried covering his eyes with his arm but to no avail. He looked down to find that he was strapped to the bed by restraints. Ash started panicking, where was he, what happened after seeing Serena? Fortunately, a doctor walked into the room that he was being held in.

"Good morning" The doctor greeted, "I am Dr. Winston"

"Where am I?" Ash asked.

"You are in Lumiose Mental Facility" Dr. Winston answered, "I'm sure you're wondering why you're here"

"Yeah" Ash replied.

"Well, I was told that there was a person claiming to be someone who died 15 years ago, by the name Ash Ketchum" Dr. Winston started.

"But, that's me" Ash exclaimed.

"Oh sure, I'll see you to it" Dr. Winston sighed, "For now, take these pills". As he said that, Dr. Winston forced Ash into taking pills.

"WHY DID YOU DO THAT???" Ash questioned.

"I was told that you are prone to lashing out" He explained, "That is why you are on restraints and I am forcing you to take pills"

"Please, I am not going to lash out" Ash begged, "I promise to do as you say"

"Hm, I guess you might be okay to have the restraints off" Dr. Winston stated.

Eventually, Dr. Winston removed the restraints that were keeping Ash on the bed. Feeling the pain go away from his wrists made him feel relieved. Winston left ash sitting on his bed, thinking about what he can do to break out. Maybe, just maybe, he could call someone for help. Jason would be too busy and Serena doesn't believe him, who can help him right now? Suddenly, an idea popped in his head.

A few minutes later

Ash stood at the mounted phone, waiting for the person on the other line to pick up. He had remembered the number of the workshop his old friend lived in. Maybe he could help, he knew that he could trust him. Finally, the other line picked up letting Ash know that there was someone.

At Lumiose Workshop

A young man sat in his workshop, putting together another robot he has made. His blue overalls were covered in oil stains and his yellow hair was a mess. As he was cleaning off his large circular glasses, the phone nearby rang. Quickly, he called out his sister to pick it up.

"Bonnie, can you pick up the phone?" He requested.

"Sure thing big brother" A female voice replied.

Coming from upstairs, a petite young adult girl came to pick up their phone. She was dressed in a brown dress with a white skirt. Her yellow hair was tied into a side bun. Once Bonnie made it to the phone, she picked up to see who was calling.

"Lumiose Workshop, how can I help you?" Bonnie asked.

"Bonnie? Is that you?" A deep male voice replied.

"Huh? Who is this?" She questioned.

"Wow, 15 years and you've grown. I am surprised" The voice exclaimed, "This is Ash"

"Ash? YOU REALLY ARE ALIVE!!!" Bonnie screamed.

"Wait, ASH IS ALIVE???" Her older brother cried.

"YES, COME HERE AND TALK TO HIM!!!" Bonnie called out. Instantly, he ran out of his workshop and grabbed the phone.

"Clemont? Is that you?" Ash asked.

"Yes, it's me" Clemont replied, "I'm so glad that you really are alive"

"Weird, a lot of people thought I was dead and I couldn't be alive" Ash exclaimed.

"Well, Bonnie and I believed you were alive because we met someone who knew you" Clemont explained.

"Wait, who?" Ash asked.

"Well, he's coming this way" Clemont said, turning towards the front door. The person that entered was dressed in a blue dress shirt and dark blue tie. He had a white lab coat over his top with grey trousers and green trainers. His dark hair was moved to the right and there were frameless glasses over his green eyes. He picked up the phone from Clemont's hands when he was told to.

"Hello?" An English accent asked.

"Is that you Andrew?" Ash questioned.

"Ah, Ash, you've finally finished your trial" Andrew exclaimed.

"Sure did, but I need your guys' help" Ash requested.

"I'm listening" He said, with Bonnie and Clemont also near the phone.

"I've been put in Lumiose Mental Facility and I can't break out because of this medication" He explained, "Could you help me out of this?"

"I think I've got some of that tea that can get rid of medical effects" Andrew stated, "That should help"

"Perfect, see you soon" Ash said before hanging up.

A few hours later

Ash sat on his bed, waiting for the others to come see him. When Dr. Winston came to pick him up to see the visitors, he reluctantly followed. In the visitor section, he saw Andrew, Clemont and Bonnie sitting at the table with Andrew holding the tea. Upon sitting down, Dr. Winston left them to give them some privacy.

"Hey guys" Ash greeted, "I'm glad you guys believe me"

"No problem Ash" Clemont exclaimed, "Andrew here told us you were actually alive"

"Quickly, can you roll up your sleeve Andrew?" Ash requested.

"Sure thing" Andrew said, rolling up his sleeve to show a lightning bolt tattoo.

"Yes, you are the real Andrew" Ash exclaimed, also showing his tattoo which was of a jackal.

"Anyways, I've got your tea here" Andrew explained, "Just ask for hot water and drink it like usual, you should be able to break out soon enough"

"Thanks" Ash thanked, he then picked up the tea and was escorted back to his room.

That night

Ash had called the nurse to give him some hot water. As he was making tea, Dr. Winston came to see him. He said that he will be transferred to a different room tomorrow. Ash told him that he didn't belong here but Winston wouldn't believe him. After he had left, Ash drank the cup of tea and energy started flowing through his body. Finally, his eyes gave off a blue flare for a short time and quickly, he grabbed his bag and made his way to the front entrance.

"Sir, what are you doing out of your room?" A nurse asked.

Ash noticed her and started running away even faster. More doctors and nurses caught on what was happening and started chasing him. He kept on yelling "I DON'T BELONG HERE!!!" multiple times and other patients watched from their room windows. Upon making it to the front metal security door, Ash closed his fist causing it to glow blue. He started charging towards the door as his fist was in a punching motion.

"ASH, WHAT ARE YOU DOING???" Dr. Winston yelled.

As his fist made contact to the door, it broke off the frame and flew 10 metres away. Dr. Winston was shocked to see this as were the other employees. He remembered when he interrogated Ash, he mentioned something about being the True Aura Fist. He thought it was some mental issue of thinking he was a superhero. Turns out, he was wrong this whole time. Ash looked at the broken door, seeing freedom ahead, he ran off.