Chapter 6: True Hero

Ash and Andrew ran through every room they came across. So far, there was no sign of Serena anywhere. Upon arriving at the next door, they found themselves in some sort of open area that had pillars. The lights suddenly turned on to show Serena tied to a chair and her mouth duct taped. There were also two figures standing near her, a somewhat slim man with dark hair and a slightly buff person with blonde hair.

"Wait a second, you guys?" Ash questioned.

"Yes, it is I, Michael and my buddy Keith" the dark haired one exclaimed.

"It's time we show you who deserves the mantle" Keith said, cracking his knuckles.

"Huh, so the two of you decided to band with Team Psyche" Andrew pointed out, "You truly are betrayers of the Aura Kingdom"

"Enough talk, let's take this more serious" Michael ended, charging towards Ash.

Ash swiftly dodged his charge attack and landed a kick at his backside. Andrew sped towards Keith and sent a flurry of punches his way. Keith staggered but countered with his own punches. The two pairs fought for a while, sending each other into the pillars or dodging each other's attacks using smart tactics. Andrew and Keith were in a strain and because of that, they accidently flung themselves outside through a window.

"Ow, you'll pay for that" Keith exclaimed.

"A real Aura Fist would not let their anger cloud them" Andrew replied.

Meanwhile

Serena watched as Ash fought Michael, why did he come to save her? She thought that he wouldn't dare to come back after what she did to him back then. Deep down, she still felt the happiness of knowing Ash was still around.

"You should've stayed away from becoming Aura Fist" Michael cried.

"Maybe if you didn't have anger problems, you would've been chosen for the trial" Ash explained, blocking a punch.

"WELL MAYBE YOU SHOULD'VE DIED IN THAT PLANE CRASH" Michael yelled, sending Ash into a propelled direction.

As soon as Serena heard that, she felt anger, rage, she wanted to rip him apart. How dare he say that about Ash, he never deserved to be in that plane crash. As time went by, Serena hoped and prayed that Ash would win. Michael however got the upper hand and landed an attack in Ash's rib. Using it to his advantage, he roundhouse kicked him towards a pillar, sending him to the ground.

"Heh, I thought you'd be a tougher foe" Michael scoffed.

"Don't worry, I was holding back this whole time" Ash replied with glowing blue eyes.

This shocked Serena, why were his eyes blue? Upon Ash hitting the ground, a surge of energy blasted out of him. Blue streams of light radiated around his arms and his eyes shone like a star. Michael was nervous, he never thought he would face the true power of the Aura Fist.

Outside

Andrew and Keith have been sending blows at each other, keeping at similar paces to the other. As soon as they felt the surge of energy and picked up the sound coming from the building, the two turned towards it. Through the windows, they could see a blue light shining through the glass.

"Heh, looks like Michael will be facing the true power of the Aura Fist" Andrew exclaimed.

"Uh oh" Keith whispered. Due to him being distracted, Andrew took the chance to charge up an electric Aura Fist and punch him straight in the face, knocking him out.

"Good, now that's one problem solved" Andrew said to himself.

Inside

Ash was much faster and more agile now, he was able to dodge Michael's punches and was able to blast condensed Aura energy as projectiles. Overwhelmed and fatigued, Michael started slowing down. This gave Ash the opportunity to charge up an Aura condensed fist and land it into his stomach. The force of it sending him through multiple pillars before crashing through the wall and landing in a random dumpster bin. Andrew, Alain and Barry had just witnessed the attack and Ash was so tired, he fell to the ground.

Later

"So, you guys are the Aura Fists?" Serena asked.

"Yeah, we were put into the trial and were accepted as the new successors" Andrew answered.

This was a lot to take, this random encounter of four guys with superhuman abilities, she never thought something in her life like this would happen. Upon returning to Lumiose, she was dropped back home and the guys set off. As Serena went back into Yvonne Enterprises, she placed her hand over her heart.

"I guess I still have feelings for Ash" Serena whispered, "I must tell him tomorrow but I've got something important to do"

At Lumiose Workshop

"So you were able to buy the house across the street?" Clemont asked as he bandaged Barry's arm.

"Yeah, it was quite cheap as well" Barry answered.

"Now that we know where you guys are, we can at least keep track of you" Alain added, sticking a band aid on. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door.

"I'll get it" Andrew said after finishing his bandage on his left hand. He went up to the front door and unlocked it. "Can I help you?" he asked.

Instead, the two people who were at the door pushed themselves into the house. Both were female. One wore a white beanie on her blue hair and was somewhat average height while the other wore a green cap over her red hair and was quite short. The two went up to Barry and Alain and slapped their face.

"HOW COULD YOU LEAVE WITHOUT TELLING US?" The two questioned.

"Sorry Mairin, we had to look for them" Alain explained to the shorter girl.

"We were going to tell you but the train was about to leave and we had to make a run for it" Barry added.

"Oh, I didn't realise that you just wanted to make the train" The blue haired girl said giving a pout.

"It's alright Dawn, it was our fault we didn't tell you" Barry exclaimed, giving her a hug.

"C'mon, let's go to our place" Alain told them.

"Alright sweetie" Mairin replied. The four of them left the workshop to their place across the road.

"Now I'm glad that Sandra tagged along with me" Andrew exclaimed, "I don't want to be slapped as well"

"Say, where is she?" Ash asked.

"Oh, she is travelling for a while to get some herbs for medication, she was always into that stuff" Andrew answered. Everyone then went back to their room to have a rest.

The Next Day

It was dark outside and Ash was walking back home after a long day. While he was out, he had caught a bunch of criminals messing around Lumiose Square. He decided to take care of them and they were a bit of a hassle. Upon arriving back at the workshop, he was checking to see if there was mail in the mailbox. After seeing there was none, a voice suddenly caught his attention.

"Ash" The voice cried.

Ash turned to see who it was. "Serena?"