Chapter 1

Shaurya held the solitaire ring between his thumb and index finger. After studying it intently, his lips curved up in a sweet smile while he decided to pick it up for his sweet heart. "Nice one, Bhai. Your choice is excellent", his sister Nayani commented. "It will look more beautiful once she wears it. I cannot wait to put it on Mehek's finger", he beamed while waiting for it to be billed. Nayani laughed, "Few months ago, if someone had told me that my brother, Dr Shaurya Khanna is ready to settle, them I would have smacked that person". "Yet I am here. All set to wed my lady love", he gleefully replied to his sister. "Life is full of surprises. A man who had forgotten his roots and disliked his origin, is all set to propose to a desi girl", she teased him. "I was prejudiced, Nayanu. I admit that i was wrong and happy that I could correct myself. Mehek changed me and my perception", he told honestly. "Yet I feel the entire credit shouldn't go to her alone. If I am not wrong, you started to question your notions even before you met Mehek Bhabhi", she probed him. 

Nayani was right. The trigger to vary Shaurya's misconception was one of his students, Ms Krishna Dubey. Being bought up in a foreign land, he turned out to be judgmental. For no reason, he hated people from his country , especially young women. He thought they were opportunists who exploited good natured fellows. He never left a chance to lash out at them. Krishna, even though a brilliant student was also not an exception and had to bear the brunt of it. "Bhai, be honest. You actually liked that girl, didn't you ?...what's her name,...Yeah...Krishna....Krishna Dubey", Nayani teased him. Shaurya recalled about Krishna. She was full of life and aspirations. A woman with beauty and brains. A desirable feast to eyes yet also an intelligent company to spend time ." It's hard not to like her. Any man will be attracted to her", Shaurya said while remembering Krisha.

"Sir please. I request you to listen. I swear I don't know how my assignments got misplaced", Krishna was almost at tears. Shaurya acted to play dumb "Ofcourse you don't know, Krishna. They vanished into thin air on its own". She stood petrified hearing his sarcasm while he fumed, "But unlike you, I am not delusional. You didn't submit them and your score is zero. So I am failing you for my subject. ". "Sir... Sir...Sir", Krishna ran behind him while he tried to exit. "Give me another chance, Sir. I beg you", she folded her hands before him, "I need just some time. I will resubmit it at the earliest and you can evaluate me based on it". He threw back his head and laughed out loud, "So Miss Mallihabad thinks that she is so special that I will  grant her an extension. Wow, Krishna, you are amazing. Are you acting stupid or plain stupid?". He shoved her aside angrily and tried to walk away. In her desperation, Krishna grabbed his hand, "Sir, please help me out for this time. I will do extra work to compensate". He didn't feel any pity for her. Infact he was enraged by her audacity to bargain with him. He pulled out his hand from her grip and moved ahead. "I will do anything, Sir", her voice stopped him. 

Now he was bemused by her offer. He faced her and scanned her top to bottom, "Anything Ms Mallihabad?" . She nodded timidly, " I will work extra hours after college to help your surgeries. I shall stay back to tidy up operation theater . I will help you to collect data for your research. Anything you want. You just tell me and I will do it". Krishna was breathless once she finished and looked anxiously at him. He walked towards her while she took her steps backwards in fear, until she hit the wall behind. He traced her face with his forefinger, but was careful not to touch her. "You are so used to bribe your way to success, aren't you Krishna?", he asked hoarsely. She gasped in shocked and tried to defend but he shook his forefinger before her eyes, gesturing her to keep quiet. "Since you offered, I am curious. I really want to know what you have for me", he smirked . 

Shauyra moved away from her and Krishna breathed in relief. But it was short lived, "Why don't you come to my penthouse this Friday and spend those extra late night hours with me? I am sure it will be entertaining for both of us and beneficial for you", he asked menacingly. Everyone knew that Dr. Shaurya lived alone in his penthouse. Although he owned a house in posh area of city where his family resided, he preferred to stay in his penthouse which was closer to medical university. Krishna's eyes widened in shock and then later filled with disgust. It didn't take a genius to contemplate the wickedness behind his demand. He smirked and looked at his watch, "I guess I have no more time to waste here". He walked away few steps while Krishna stood rooted to her spot. He turned and talked loudly, "District topper, until then you remain failed in my paper. Don't worry. A deserving student will fill in your seat once you are send back home.

"Poor girl. Such a tragedy", Nayani told sadly and Shaurya shrugged his shoulders waking up from his trance. He was really close to his baby sister but few secrets were meant to be locked in his chest. He never disclosed to another soul that Krishna met with her doom after she left his penthouse that night. Although he always convinced himself that he was not responsible for Krishna, a nagging guilt pricked his conscience now & then. Perhaps he should have behaved better and acted chivalrous. He didn't and now he cannot change it. All he could do was to regret and ensure that he doesn't repeat his mistakes. His past with Krishna was one which couldn't share with hr anyone, so he steered the topic elsewhere. "When are you coming to meet your Bhabhi", he asked Nayani. "As soon as I can call her my Bhabhi. So tell me when are you going to propose her?", she asked him back. "Once I am able to convince her old man. I hope to succeed soon", he smirked.

"Hello, Radhe". Mehek spoke over the phone, "How's she doing?". "Still the same, Mehek", Radhe's sounded sad, "When are you coming back, Mehek?". "Soon", she replied curtly. "I still don't understand why you and Uncle decided to stay back. You should have returned with me. Krishna needs you both. ", Radhe was upset. Mehek smiled at his innocence. He is a good man who loved Krishna ardently. A man who truly deserves her sister. Mehek knew that deep down Krishna too cared for him. Yet fate was not merciful and bestowed him with heartbreak. He is too pure to avenge her culprit. Besides, Krishna needed Radhe now so his place is with her. Hence Mehek had kept him in dark regarding the truth behind Krishna's tragedy. She had taken it upon herself to avenge her sister. "We will be back soon. Take care", she disconnected the call without giving him further chance to talk. She turned to find her step father staring at her. "When is he coming?", his brooding voice queried Mehek. "In an hour", she replied plainly.

"I am sorry but I cannot give my consent for this marriage", Dubey declared to Shaurya. He had arrived at Mehek's home to ask for her hand but Dubey was extremely rude to him. Her step father was testing his patience but Shaurya endured it for the sake of Mehek. "Sir, I love Mehek and she loves me. I am from a reputed family, a doctor with good practice and fair income. I will keep Mehek happy. Why do you still disagree?", he asked him. "I have seen enough life to keep men like you at bay. People like you marry either to please your parents or exploit innocent girls. Few months of marriage and then you will be enjoying with your foreign girlfriends, leaving my daughter to suffer at home", he declared and stood up, "Doctor Khanna, I am clear. We are returning home in few weeks and I will find a boy from our native for Mehek". Shaurya's blood boiled at the thought of separating from Mehek. He had a tough time to restrain himself. 

 "How can I prove myself?", Shaurya was desperate. "You cannot, so don't fret. My daughter's security and future are most important for me. I am afraid you cannot guarantee both", Dubey was clear. "Security? Guarantee? Fine, let me vouch it for Mehek. I will name my entire wealth on her name. Will you be convinced then?", Shaurya proposed. Both Mehek and the old man were taken aback. "Shaurya, you don't have to", Mehek protested. Shaurya still looked at her step-father intently, waiting for his response. Dubey sighed as if accepting his defeat. "Fine. If you do so, then I will agree", Dubey declared. 

I believe Mehek's revenge plan is a bit clearer now. What do you think about MehRya dynamics? One is blissfully in love while other one is planning meticulously for retribution? Which side are you in? Team Mehek or Team Shaurya?

Hope you like the plot here. Kindly share your thoughts and vote for the chapter.