Chapter 4 - Equalizer

Chapter Keyword: Equalizer

Meaning:
1. A thing which has an equaling effect.
2. A goal that levels the score in a game.
3. A weapon, especially a gun.

"Yo! Excuse me!" Ren called out as he and Kole approached the familiar face and the girl he was standing by.

Now in view of Anji and Isabella was Kole and Ren.

"Wait I recognize you now!" Ren said as he pointed at the boy with violet hair and aquamarine eyes.

"You're the boy we found beaten about a day ago."

"It's without a doubt him." Kole asserted.

"Why have you left the infirmary so soon?"

"...just wanted to get some fresh air." Anji lied.

"Ahem." Ren interrupted Kole's snooping.

"Do you remember anything yet?"

On hearing Ren's question, Anji face had become pale with a grim expression born on his face.

"I don't remember anything."

"It's all very, very vague." Anji continued.

He pursed his lips tightly in an effort to hide the emotions swelling up inside him; confusion, sadness.

But most of all, his anger at not knowing.

"Are you helping him with this lost his memory prank?" Isabella finally cut in, looking at Ren with hostility.

"I'm Ren. And which prank?" he said with a friendly smile.

"Ughh.... so you are playing along," she said sucking her teeth with irritation.

"Really what's up with you Anji. First, you go missing. Now, this!" she continued as she dragged Anji along with her as she left.

"Where are you going with him? He's still supposed to in the infirmary." Kole told her.

"Zip it, Kole Blight!"

"I and my boyfriend have serious matters to attend to as members of the junior student council!" she said, pacing quickly with Anji still behind her.

"Oh, so you're second years. Wait... did I hear girlfriend!"

At hearing the news both of them stared at each other in surprise.

"What the heck!" Ren murmured about to follow them and clarify what he heard.

"No, let them go," Kole advised.

"This might help him."

Although Anji had no idea where he was being taken, he willingly followed her for some reason he himself didn't understand. He just felt like he should.

For nearly five minutes he had been led by her through many areas of the Academy.

"I've been following you blindly... Isabella."

"You mind telling me where we're going?" Anji exclaimed.

"Like I said the conference room. It's been overrun by the Blood Rose!"

"Conference room...Blood Rose?" he asked himself.

Soon enough, they arrived at their destination. The place had been utterly trashed and left in shambles that it gave the impression that it was abandoned.

"What happened?", Anji gasped with disdain at the damage done.

"We're late!", Isabella told him as she rushed inside the room.