Chapter 0 - Brave New World

*This is an ongoing work and I hope it can be a journey for not only me the writer. But most of all, you the readers!
Please do feel free to point out any mistakes.

It was a dark and hazy lone night when the stars and moon shined at their dimmest.

An evening remembered to be so full of darkness that it shrouded the ever malevolent evil that was yet to strike the peaceful church house that had become the only home the orphaned children knew.

It all happened so suddenly, almost as if it all happened in just the blink of an eye

Soon, all Ren could look around and see was the blood and carcass of the people he had come to know as his family scattered mercilessly.

At first, he laid down in shock with a girl just about his age in his arms; she too was on the verge of death like her already departed friends.

She held on tight to Ren as her life faded away with tears in her eyes.

They both knew it would not be long before they were also slaughtered by the talk dark figure that had massacred their entire family.

Ren, however, stood up, no longer with fear buried in his heart but a consuming rage for what had befallen them.

Just what had HE DONE! WHAT HAD THEY DONE! to deserve such deaths he asked himself.

"WHY?!WHYYY?!" he cried in agony.

"I WILL KILL YOU!!!" he screamed.

Not being able to hold the hate and anguish inside him any longer.

He released it all in the spur of the moment, causing the entire surroundings around him to be engulfed in an overwhelming burst of light that pierced the dark sky.

"ARGHH!"Ren gasped as he awoke to realise it was all just a terrible dream.

A nightmare about a past he had no memory of living ever before but always felt a vivid connection to.

Drenched in his own sweat he leapt out of his bed and prepared for his first day as a first-year in a school for people gifted with extraordinary abilities called "Variants", something he himself was not.

He was a "Hallow", a normal individual with no "Variation" whatsoever.

But unknown to him, his once ordinary life was about to be extraordinary in a world full of the endowed as the normal.

Our story does not begin from here however but more than a 1000 years prior to Ren's current society; a time when the earth underwent a series of cataclysmic events known as "The Alteration" that changed the course of humanity and all other living creatures giving birth to "The New World(Neo Terra)" on which humanity now thrived.

It also inadvertently led to the division of the earth into six regions which were governed and defended by "Earls" that answered only to the "Variant Emperor" and "Hallow King", people who ensured the peaceful coexistence between all the races which had surfaced was protected.

Only the strongest in ability yet most deserving were selected to take up these titles.

But, in order to ensure the balance was never distorted, they created the "Great Academies" to bring about the rise of newer generations to maintain the order.

In one of these academies called the "Arragon Academy" is where the story of Ren commences.

ARE YOU READY?!!!