Chapter 8: Brothers Reunited

"Get away from her" Vladimir deadpanned.

"But brother, I just got here, and besides" the figure sat Juliet up in front of him, pinning her against the bed frame. "I'm having fun." Vladimir was suddenly beside the figure. He grabbed the figure by the neck, and with one swift moment, he had him up against the wall, choking him. Vladimir stared up at the figure as he held him up higher by his throat. His eyes beamed red, however Juliet could not see this, but could only watch Vladimir with his back turned to her as he attempted to kill his brother. Vladimir was face to face with his brother, completely enraged. "You cannot just barge into my home and violate my personal guest, understand? Because if you ever so much as stand within a few feet of her, I will end you." He released his grip, letting his brother fall onto the ground with a large thud. "Now get out of my sight." His brother stood up, glaring back at him as he exited the room.

"This isn't the end of it, brother." And with that, he was gone. Vladimir turned to Juliet. His expression softened and he sat down beside her.

"I didn't intend for this to happen, I am so sorry..."

"Vladimir..." He looked up at Juliet, she was sitting, holding her legs against her chest, peering over at Vladimir. She looked like she was holding back her tears. Before she could utter another word, Vladimir was holding her in his arms tightly.

"Juliet" he whispered as she hugged him tighter. "I promise you, I will not let another man violate you again." The tears stung her eyes as they rolled down her cheek. Lionel had never comforted her like that, unless it was over the phone, but that was rare. She pulled back a bit to wipe her tears, but Vladimir already had his hand placed on her cheek. He gently wiped her tears away. He held his hand on her cheek, staring back at her. "I will get you some clothes to change into." He slowly got up, but a familiar hand tugged at his sleeve again. He turned back to face her. She opened her mouth to speak, but nothing came out. Suddenly, the gap between her lips and the air were closed. She closed her eyes, feeling Vladimir's lips softly kiss hers. Their lips soon parted, leaving Juliet surprised. Vladimir turned away from her, walking to her closet. He soon returned with a a neat pile of clothes. "Here." Juliet took the clothes from him, before looking up at him to meet his eyes, but he looked away, avoiding her stare. "I have some business I need to attend to. I will see you soon. Please, get some rest, I will send up a servant to watch your door if you need anything." She nodded, understanding. He turned away, and exited out the door.