Chapter 4: Meeting in the Afternoon

After getting dressed, Juliet exited her room, tiredly rubbing her eyes. She combed her fingers through her hair as she walked down the vast steps of the staircase. As she reached the bottom of the stairs, she could hear Vladimir's voice from the dining room. She carefully approached the wall beside the dining room, listening in.

"You imbecile, I told you to bring this case to the kitchen to hand to Cornel" Vladimir raged.

"I'm sorry sir, I promise it won't happen again." Juliet peered into the room to see another man talking with Vladimir.

"It better not happen again, or next time I'll drain you." Juliet pondered the thought. What does he mean by drain? She thought. She snapped out of her thinking to hear nearing footsteps. She turned to walk back up the staircase, but was stopped short. A hand landed on her shoulder, keeping her in place. "Good afternoon Juliet." The words whispered in her ear. She shuddered slightly at the chill of his breath. Vladimir smirked and turned her to face him slowly. "Forgive me, I had to attend a meeting with one of my servants. You see, he misplaced a necessity of mine, but I can assure you that I have dealt with the problem." Juliet slowly nodded, peering over his shoulder to see a man exiting the dining room. "Juliet." Vladimir eased his step toward her, attempting to close the small space between them. Juliet looked up at him, the heat rushing instantly to her cheeks. "Is there something wrong?"

"N-no..." Juliet cleared her throat a bit before replying again. "No, I'm fine, just a little flushed I guess."

"Then perhaps you should lie down and relax."

"I don't know, I have some work I need to research, and..."

"Just rest for a moment. I wouldn't want you to pass out from heat stroke..." He began, reaching out to skim his fingertips across Juliet's right cheek. "The rest shall do you good, especially for a sleeping beauty as lovely as you." Juliet blushed and looked away.

"Alright. I'll rest for a moment."

"Good" he smiled. "You may use a couch or bed for your relaxation. I shall be off to attend to some very important business."