Chapter 5: Dream Sequence

Juliet walked over to the grand living room as the words replayed in her head.

'Drain, what did he mean by drain?' She thought as she took a seat on a nearby couch. She placed a hand on her cheek, the heat still there, but slowly fading. She just felt uneasy around him, but it wasn't his power or wealth that made her feel that way. It had to be something else. But what could it be? She lied down, and closed her eyes. Maybe some well deserved sleep would clear her mind.

Juliet opened her eyes. She could feel a cool breeze blowing through the wide room. She scoured the room for the source, and found an open window. She got up and walked toward the window. She closed it, stopping the circulation of the cold wind. She then felt something seize her by the shoulder and turn her around. She was face to face with a figure shadowed by the dark room. 'Who are you?' She couldn't speak, but could only think in the situation. The hand was cold like ice as it reached out and stroked her cheek. 'What are you doing to me?' She could feel the figure's finger trace from her jawline down to the outline of her collarbone. Suddenly she was lying down on the sofa once again, but now the figure was above her, leaning over her as it reached out and removed the hair covering her shoulder. It's breath fanned her neck and she could feel it's lips gliding along her skin. She shuddered as it's tongue softly licked her, goosebumps rising on the surface of her skin. The cold breath reached her ear. She winced and closed her eyes. She could feel a new sensation. The sensation of the figure's teeth playfully biting her neck. She tried to lift her arm to push the figure away, but was paralyzed. She felt another hand slide down to her waist, until it smoothed over the front of her jeans, slowly unhooking her belt. She breathed heavily, feeling the hand slid underneath her shirt, slowly skimming the sensitive skin on her stomach, making it's way to the top. She gasped as the fingers pulled off her shirt in one tug, ripping the material off her body. She could feel chills running down her bare body as the figure nibbled at her skin. She wanted to get away, but was stuck on the couch, unable to struggle against the figure's touch. She could feel it's hands running down her body. She shivered at the feeling as hot tears stained her eyes. She could hear the figure's smirk in her ear. Teeth grazed her neck before she felt them clamp down on her. Sinking into her. Weakening her. The feeling stayed, but the teeth retreated immediately until she felt two hands by her side. Shaking her slightly.

"Juliet! Please, wake up!" She gasped as she opened her eyes. She was face to face with Vladimir, who's expression was full of concern and was searching her face for a response. Juliet could feel Vladimir's hand wipe away the tears on her cheek. "Juliet..." She could feel herself caving in, and quickly embraced him. Vladimir took her in his arms. She was a wreck. Her jeans were down to her ankles, her shirt was torn and lying on the ground, her body was marked with scratches and there was a bite mark still bleeding on her neck. He swiftly scooped her up and carried her out of the room. Cornel rushed out of the kitchen to meet them. He was bewildered at the sight.

"Master, what happened..."

"Do not ask questions, just call Dr. Amir and bring me a first aid kit. A terrible thing has happened." Vladimir could feel Juliet clinging onto him tighter as he turned to carry her upstairs. He paused for a moment to face Cornel once more. "Call Isaac. I need him to search the grounds of the castle. The trespasser couldn't have gotten far." And with that, Vladimir walked up the staircase to bring Juliet to her room in hopes of removing the pain, for nothing can remove the trauma.