Chapter 55 - Hide!

Start from the beginning

Pregnant with our baby. Ready to give birth.

He was right. One day I would be in her position.

A warm feeling overcame me. "They are excited to meet her."

"Exactly, they are happy right now."

"Yeah ...", I leaned against him. "Will you be as cool as them when I grow hysteric?"

"Who says I won't be the one rushing around like a headless chicken?", Michael asked from above me.

I had to laugh. "I can't imagine that - after all, you are the cool head of us. Except for when people do a big, big mistake."

"I can't stand stupidity", Michael mumbled, kissing my hair. "And if I lose my cool, don't you dare tell the others."

We had to laugh.

Zara Larsson - Never forget you started playing. We hummed to the tune.

Michael's low rumbling voice started singing along:

I used to be so happy
But without you here I feel so low
I watched you as you left but I can never seem to let you go
'Cause once upon a time you were my everything
It's clear to see that time hasn't changed a thing
It's very deep inside me but I feel there's something you should know

I will never forget you

And you will always be by my side

From the day that I met you

I knew that I would love you till the day I die

And I will never want much more

And in my heart I will always be sure

I will never forget you

And you will always be by my side till the day I die

Till the day I die

"I love that song", I hummed.

Michael's hands brushed up and down my back. "I know. I hope they play Shawn Mendes Senorita."

"You know about his new song?"

"I wanted to download it for our next dinner dance", Michael told me, kissing my eyes. "I can't wait to go back home to our dinner dates."

His hand sneaked around my wrist, the other raised my hand. "To dance with you again."

He led the first step, rocked me along.

"Our cooking. The stories we tell each other." He kissed my hand. "Remind me to buy new candles. Long white ones."

Our candle-light dinners with the classical music and the cooking to wind us down - gosh, it seemed like ages since we had last done that. Dressing up, enjoying each other's company, bathing in the love that he was giving me.

"Soon we'll be doing that in our new house", I sighed happily.

"Yes - and we'll have all the space in the world to dance. Around the kitchen isle, through the living room, in the dining room, down the hallways - to our favorite pieces. Claire de lune most notably."

He made me twirl.

"And once we have children, we'll dance with them too before we put them to bed."

"You are perfect, you know that?", I swooned, drawing him into my arms.

"Far from it - I'm just meeting your standards luckily." Michael laughed, kissed my nose and turned me around. "Now go to the kids, I'll make us lunch."