Axel

Riven's p.o.v

I drive Kiara home and drop by my house to tell mum the news about Kiara and I. I rush in the house and run upstairs to have a shower after yelling mum I'm home and after my shower I walk downstairs and the very first thing I see is shattered photo frames amongst the floor.

"Mum? Are you home?"

I walk through the hallway avoiding any broken glass and broken frames that are scattered everywhere. I arrive in the kitchen and see the back door is open and you can feel the chilly breeze, I go to close it and then I see her.

My mum.

She's on the dirt, holding her stomach. She's barely breathing.

"MUM" she looks at me with her eyes all glassy .

"Mum mum mum what happened? Oh my god. What do I do? How do I help? Nonono, I-"

"Riven, Riv baby , it's okay" she says and I lay her head on my lap.

"Who did this?" I say on the verge of tears.

"Axel. He's back, darling, be careful" and those were the last words I hear before her eyes close.

"Mu-umm-m stay awake, come on, let me call the ambulance, stay awake for me" I dial the number and apply pressure to the wound but before I can tell them my address my phone dies.

"Dammit, come on mum" I carry my mum bridal style inside the house to the home phone, I dial the number once again but nothing works, I check the cable and the cords are cut. My luck couldn't be worst, huh? I grab my mums phone from the couch but it's broken in half, I place my mum on the couch and tell her I'm sorry for not coming earlier.

"I love you, mum, don't leave me please" I say in between sobs. I wipe off the dirt that is on her clothes and it gets stuck in my nails but I couldn't care less. I move her hair out of her beautiful face and tell her how much I love her and how I can't live without her.

"Mum. Mummy. Please. I love you, I'm so sorry it's all my fault, come back" all I hear is silence from her and I feel her pulse and there's nothing. She will never see me graduate, never see me get married, never see her own grandchildren, never take care of me and give me advice, never make her famous triple chocolate chip cookies, never spend time with me again. It's over. It's all my fault. If I came home last night. If I didn't fall asleep. If she never had Axel. If I called the ambulance earlier. She would be okay. It's all my fault.

I look at her and realisation came to me....

I never said goodbye to her.

"Mum please wake up, please be a dream, I didn't get a goodbye from you, I got so many things from you and yet I didn't get the most important thing. A goodbye. Please come back, wake up. WAKE UP" I feel the tears run down and don't even bother wiping them, I shake her body hoping this is all I dream, once I realise it isn't I lay my head on her stomach and think about the events and trauma my older brother has caused.

Flashback

"STOP AXEL STOP" I yelled at Axel. He continues to stab deeper on to my fathers left leg. We were all tied up, my sister, my mum, my dad and myself. Axel drugged our drinks when we were suppose to have "family time" but Axel had a different idea of family time.

"Do you all know why you are here and why I'm doing this?" He says smirking and twirling the knife around. We nod our heads no and look down at the floor.

"You guys are always leaving me out of things, have you ever thought I would like to join in your activities?"

"We do invite you but you never go" my sister, Mia spits.

"SHUT UP. You guys are so annoying" which causes Mia to roll her eyes. He grabs his knife and stabs her shoulder and she yells.

"Son of a-"

"Ah ah ah language MiMi" he says.

"I didn't want to do this guys but I'll be dead if I don't kill you guys. Boss's orders. Like I don't like you guys because you all are rude and snobby so I wish you all the best and I'll come back and visit when I can" he goes to exit the door and I let out a sigh of relief but then he turns back towards dad.

"I forgot something" he says grinning evilly. He grabs his saw and saws off dads right leg, he then slits my dads throat and the only things you hear is the yells of my mum and sister. You see him mouth 'I love you guys' before his body falls to the floor.

"K I'm out, latah losers" and with that he walks out like nothing happened. After a couple hours later I finally manage to break free from the ropes and untie my sobbing mother and my emotionless sister.

"You guys okay?" I say

"We can't tell the police" mum says.

"What, why not?" Mia says angry.

"Because there's nothing they can do, we can't track him, he left nothing behind, we can't tell him about your father because they won't believe us since there's no proof" she explains.

"This sucks" Mia says holding her damaged shoulder.

"I know sweet, let's go get that cleaned up" Mia nods and they go get it cleaned, I stay downstairs and we never got a goodbye. Why is this world so cruel? Why did axel have to be like this? It's not fair. I just want a normal life and wish my mum never adopted Axel.

End of flashback

I stare at my mum and hold her hand, I pick her up and place her in the back of my car and drive to Kiara's place. I feel the tears rush down and I'm going over the speed limit but I don't care at this point. I rush to Kiara's door and she opens it looking as stunning as ever. Her face drops as she takes in my appearance. I am covered in blood and dirt, my hair is still wet from my shower and my eyes are probably still red and puffy. She rushed me in the house and sits me down on her couch. I break down and realise I have no one.

I'm alone.

An orphan. No family. No siblings unless you count that monster but I'd never ever think of him as family again.