Chapter 17: I'm Jack Frost

HEY! I'M SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING SOONER, SCHOOLS JUST BEEN SO STRESSFUL AMONG OTHER THINGS...

BUT ANYWAYS HERE IT IS!

I held my legs tightly towards my chest. Why do I feel this way when I'm around him? Why does it feel so right, so real. But it's not. It's only a hallucination that I could only dream of being a reality.

A sob managed to escape my lips which I had been trying so hard to choke back, but without prevail. But nothing I did could stop the tears that flooded without notice down my cheeks.

What a sight I must be; Bedraggled, messed up braid. Swollen teary red eyes. Sore, sticky and red cheeks, of which had once been pale and soft.

I removed my hands from my legs, wiping my face and the treacherous tears away as best as I could but they just kept on coming.

Obviously I'm not crying about what Hiccup had said and our conversation earlier. That would be stupid. I'm The fearless Astrid Hofferson, I don't cry for anything or anyone. Except maybe this.

When Hiccup had broken my heart those 4 years ago: I had made a vow never to cry for him, or anyone else for that matter. Now look how things have turned out. I've betrayed myself, letting onto these feelings about him, thinking that they could be real when they most definitely are not.

It felt like my heart was being torn in two whenever I was around him, and certainly not in a good way. Maybe it was because any thought of him and me together had been banished, dismissed without a second glance. But my sorely broken heart still yearned for him no matter how much I tried to deflect it or dismiss it as much as he dismissed his feelings for me so easily.

He never loved me, or even liked me. The chiefs talk with Hiccup proved that,  along with his confession to his father those many years ago. He will never amount to the amount of love I feel for him.

Love. Such a strong word. Do I love him? Could that be the reason why I'm feeling this way? But I don't do love. I made that promise many years ago and broke. But I learnt you can only learn from your mistakes and will certainly not make it again.

But my mind switches back to reality when the sound of low chuckling bores into my eardrums, coming from someone behind me. As soon as the sound registers a chill rushes through me sending me shivering. my back going as straight as a poker. Did they hear me? If so it would ruin my reputation. Slowly, I turned my head round to face this looming shadowy figure.

"I knew you'd be back," he says, removing himself from the overbearing blackness of the shadows.

"you really have a thing about sneaking up on people, don't you?" I state, looking at this too cheerfully looking boy, 'Jack Frost' as he called himself. I had thought that this encounter had all been a dream, or most likely a nightmare. But apparently it wasn't, as I sat face to face with him.

"force of habit" he shrugs, as he begins to make his way towards me. In an instant I'm on my feet, up from my place on the ground. Stormfly giving me a worried squawk.

"it's alright girl" I reassure her, patting her head to calm her down and stop her from doing anything drastic. "I've just got a little problem to deal with"

"problem?" he scoffed, as he just continues to walk up to me, swinging his frosted stick around. "me?" he asks innocently.

"what do you want?" I say, gripping my axe even tighter as I eye him suspiciously.

"always straight to the point, I like that about you" he acknowledges.

"what do you want?!" I repeat frustratedly. He was messing with me, and I didn't like it. Not one bit.

"getting feisty now are we?" he chuckles, musing himself. I groan. "you're unhappy" he began giving me a fake sad face.

"well done!" I praise him sarcastically. He shakes his head amused by my character.

"my job is to make you happy" he says walking closer, his hands touch my face. I shudder, I don't like that feeling, it's too... abnormal - "and turn this frown upside down" he finishes, moving the edges of my mouth upwards.

"I'm fine" I back away from him and his cold touch. His hands feel like they are made of ice and are deadly pale. Moving a few more metres away from him still leaving goosebumps prickling my skin.

"of course" he said, making his way once again towards me. "then why am I here?"

"I was about to ask you the exact same question!" I spit at him, gaining more distance between me and him. His presence made me feel very, very uncomfortable.

He shook his head again, obviously losing his patience. "just come with me" he says,  grabbing my right arm. He isn't as strong as I had thought so I manage to pull it away with ease.

"no!" I shout, Stormfly becomes even more cautious at my shouting. Knowing that something was wrong. She goes into attack him, to protect me. But the next thing I know she's lying on the ground as if she had just fallen asleep. "Stormfly!" I gasp, running over to her side. Thankfully she was still breathing. She had just fallen asleep.

"she'll be fine" he said examining his finger nails.

"how dare you!" I shout. "who do you think you are?!"

"I already told you, I'm Jack Frost" he said blowing something into my face. My eyes begin to blink to close rapidly. The last thing I see before everything begins to blur is his sly grin looking back at me as I lose consciousness.

OOH SO WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN TO ASTRID?

SORRY IF IT'S NOT VERY GOOD, MY PARENTS ARE FIGHTING SO I THOUGHT I'D DO SOMETHING TO BLOCK THEM OUT LIKE WRITING.

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!