Chapter 16: broken heart?

I AM SO, SO, SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING SOONER BUT I HAVE JUST BEEN SWAMPED WITH HOMEWORK, TESTS AND MORE HOMEWORK! NOT TO MENTION I AM NOW TYPING ONE HANDED AS I POURED, UNINTENTIONALLY, SCALDING HOT WATER ALL OVER MY LEFT HAND WHILST DRAINING PASTA IN MY COOKING LESSON, BUT I'LL TRY MY BEST TO WRITE THIS CHAPTER, SORRY IF IT'S SHORT!

I yawn, stretching my arms wide above my head as I tried to wake myself up. I shake my head remembering the strange occurrences of yesterday, or was it yesterday? Maybe it was a dream? yeah it must be.

I nod my head trying to encourage my doubtful mind. I pull the covers off of my now exhilarated body, ready for the big day ahead of me.

I was going to do it, I am finally going to talk to Hiccup. After mulling my brain over for a while I finally ended up with a weary decision, and for once I am going to follow my heart and do it, even if he may not want to speak to me.

I wouldn't be surprised really, after the display I made yesterday. It's not his fault, I know that, but I will never admit when I'm wrong. I am never wrong, well most of the time.

There was something about that Merida that I didn't like, I just couldn't put my finger on it. And don't even suspect that I'm jealous. Me, jealous? pfft! You're having a laugh, the fearless Astrid Hofferson doesn't do jealousy. It's in my blood.

I brush back my hair, tidying up my signature sided braid and straightened out my shirt and skirt. Then quickly picking up my axe before heading out to a wide awake Stormfly.

"Don't tell me I slept in again girl?" I say, scratching her scaly side just where she likes it. She gave me a small squawk signifying yes. I gave out a small groan. At least it's not too late and I'm surprised that Hiccup hasn't came to fetch me for the academy yet. Although knowing him, he probably slept in too. Well there's only one way to find out. "fancy a walk to Hiccups girl?" she gave me a precious squawk probably in the glee of seeing her best friend Toothless again, at least I think they're best friends. "Ok then let's go!"

I jumped onto her back and barked out the command finding myself soon in front of Hiccups house. I could hear talking from within the not-so-soundproof walls. I just couldn't help myself...

"Nothing happens on this Island without me knowing about it!" I hear Chief Stoick say in his authoritive and gruff voice.  "Now let's talk about that girl," I shiver slightly, for some reason I feel kind of happy. Why would I feel like that?

"Oh, I'm so sorry dad, I know I should have-" I hear the dorky voice of Hiccup start, only to be interrupted by the sound of him fathers heavy laughing. Wait laughing?! "Y-you're not upset?" I hear Hiccup stutter, cute. Wait did I just think that? I brush the thoughts out of my mind with the shake of my head, before continuing to listen.

"Upset?! I was hoping for this!" I hear the chief exclaim ecstatically.

"Y-you were?"

"Just imagine what it'll be like when you and Merida have your first baby together! You really had me going their son!" My jaw dropped as I backed away from the walls. My feet just carrying me away without me even realising it. I felt something strange and wet slide down my now paled cheeks. Is it raining? As I touch my cheeks I notice that it's nothing to do with the weather, it's me, I'm crying.

I wipe them away with the flick of my quick wrists. As I hear the bang of a door shutting behind me. I turn back on my heels, taking in the adored sight before me. Hiccup looking gormlessly around, surveying his surroundings as if in deep thought. I create the fakest smile I can muster trying to hide my pain. But why was I in pain.

"Hey Hiccup," I say, he looks at me, astonished that I was speaking to him again no doubt.

"A-astrid?" he stutters gobsmacked.

"Yeah," the guilt returns as I tilt my head, looking at the ground as if it's the most interesting thing to look at, at this very moment in time. I follow Hiccups gaze; looking back at our dragons, happily playing together.  I smile at them as Toothless gives Stormfly his cute gummy smile. I then shift my attention back to Hiccup who was now also staring back at me.

"Look I'm sorry-" we surprise ourselves as we say it together.

"I-" we chime. I shake my head chuckling slightly as Hiccup nervously but sexily scratches the back of his neck. Well that's in my opinion. 

"You go first," I offer.

"N-no you go first," he offers too, so I take it, I don't want to be stuck giving offers all day long.

"Ok, well I just wanted to apologise for what happened yesterday, I shouldn't have acted like that..." I look back down toward the ground again dissapointedly.

"Don't worry about it!" he says, how can he just forgive me like that. But that's why I like him so much...

"But I should! I acted off turn, and I shouldn't have snapped at you," I reply, still confused on why he would just forgive me in an instant.

"Don't worry Astrid you're just jel-" he starts. My mood changes as soon as I notice what he was about to say. My eyes turn icy cold as I glare at him with no remorse in my stare.

"What?!"

"N-nothing!" he says, nervously shuffling his feet, his gaze following them.

"No, go ahead, say it Hic, I'm all ears!" I exclaim. Here we are again.

"It doesn't matter..." he say. How can he say that? I feel the tears beginning to resurface with every millisecond that passed.

"I also came here to answer your question from the forge," I say in a rather sarcastic like voice, his eyes shoot up to face mine, awaiting my answer of which he had been waiting so long to hear. "And now that I've heard your opinion I'm now going to give you my answer, no! Goodbye Hic!" I snap, calling Stormfly over and hopping on her back.

"No, wait Astrid, please!" he begins to plead me. But I will not be affected by his charms ever again.

"I'll see you at the arena," I say, but truefully I won't, I'm heading to the cove. I can't bear to see him again. A tear drops down onto the ground as I soared on up into the clouds. I made Stormfly head over in the direction of the academy, before changing direction back towards the cove.

I never want to feel again...

SO HOW WAS IT! SORRY IF THERE'S NOT MUCH! AS I MENTIONED AT THE TOP I CAN ONLY USE ONE HANDED UNFORTUANATELY.

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!