Chapter 8: Another day without him

I spent most days at the cove with Stormfly or training in the woods with my axe. It helped me take my mind off of Hiccup and his dissapearance. I really missed him but felt really guilty about what happened.

I was now 17 and was much stronger, I had lost my teenage spots and freckles and had grown a bit in height. I was more mature but I couldn't say that about everyone...

The twins were still the same, I mean I don't know what would happen if I wasn't here to break up their fights. They also had grown a lot taller too. Can't say the same thing about their inner selves.

Fishlegs had lost a bit of weight and hadn't changed much. He was still the same braniac really.

Snotlout on the other hand still wouldn't stop hitting on me. He had grown more muscular and taller, he has even grown some facial, and apparently that is meant to make me feel head over heels in love with him, far from it. I wish Hiccup was here.

A lot has changed since he left we now have customary stables for the dragons, new and improved feeding stations, even a great fire and rescue service if I do say so myself. We have even improved the dragon racing, mine and Hiccups favourite activity. Why does everything I think about lead up to him.

I wonder what he's up to, where he's been, things he's done, what he looks like. I sigh before throwing my axe at yet another tree. He probably looks like the same old dork he is, but he's my dork. I wonder if he'll forget about me. I mean I didn't really mean anything to him did I? I threw my axe at another tree with so much force that it fell over. Oops, that's what happens when I'm too deep in thought.

"come on girl," I say picking up my axe and hopping on Stormfly, "let's head to the academy," I tell her scratching her side. She squawks before taking off towards the academy.

Moments later we finally arrive. I hop off Stormfly and hear them all groan.

"what's wrong?" I ask them rather annoyed.

"we were hoping that you wouldn't show up!" Exclaimed Tuff scratching the back of his head and Ruff hit him hard in the stomach.

"and why would you want that?" I asked pointing daggers with my eyes at all of them.

"umm, no offence Astrid, but your training is really, really hard!" says Fishlegs hiding behind Meatlug.

"so?!" I ask them angrily.

"don't worry babe, I love your training! It means I get more time to spend with you..." he puts his hands gesturing for me to come and hug him, whilst pretending to kiss me and begins winking at me.

"urgh!" I groan before hitting him in the face.

"why is always violence with you?!" he shouts holding his nose trying to stop the bleeding.

"it's not violence, it's communication!" I smirk. "now where were we?"

"um, leaving?" asked Tuff sitting on Belch (is that the right one?) I threw a dagger knocking him off of Belch and pinning him against the wall. I then went up to him before punching him once in the stomach and then in the face.

"anymore complaints?" I asked grinning at them. They shook their heads violently.

"good, now let's get started..." I say before explaining the lesson to them.

HEY GUYS! DO YOU WANT HICCUP BACK NEXT CHAPTER OR MORE OF JUST ASTRID AND THE GANG TO UP THE CHAPTERS A BIT? ENTIRELY YOUR CHOICE!

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!