Chapter 13: beast

FIRST OF ALL, I WANTED TO APOLOGISE FOR NOT UPDATING FOR ABOUT 12 DAYS, SO SORRY, BUT I CAN ONLY UPDATE CERTAIN BOOKS AND I'M REALLY BUSY WITH SCHOOL, AND I'M LITTERALLY PILED HIGH WITH HOMEWORK, SO SORRY! BUT ANYWAYS HERE IT IS...

Why did Hiccup have to be like this? It's like he got a kick out of torturing me! He took a few glances back at me as we headed to the arena, grinning smugly.

Moments later and we finally land in the arena. I turn away from Hiccup, can't he tell that I'm breaking inside and he's only making it worse.

"took you long enough," Snotlout grumbles, I look back over to Hiccup and the girl, her arms are wrapped securely around Hiccups waist. She frowns slightly as Hiccup detaches her from himself. I just roll my eyes, glaring at Merida. I fold my arms, looking towards the rest of the gang.

"like you're never late Snotlout," Fishlegs says defending Hiccup, but I'm not really listening I'm just focusing on that very strange redhead. Who was she, and why was it that Hiccup knew her so well?

"I... well..." I hear Snotlout try to think, hmm, amusing, but not as amusing, as when I kick his butt at dragon racing.

"precisely as I suspected,"

"shut up!" Snotlout snaps back.

"ok guys, so shall we just get on with the lesson?" I look over to Hiccup as he hops off of Toothless. I watch his every move, as his shoulders flex his muscles bulging, his- cut it out Astrid!

"um... Hiccup dont look now but there's a redheaded beast sitting on the back of Toothless... move towards us slowly," Tuffnut says, Merida grunts, as I try to stifle a laugh but it comes out as a small chuckle. Hiccup rolls his eyes as I try to hold my mouth shut, forcing my laughter back inside.

"you idiot, that's a girl!" Ruff says punching Tuff around the back of the head, trust me Tuff, I don't blame you, I'm not even sure how she can find her own head through all that hair. I wouldn't be able to live with that.

"is it? Oh right, but it still looks like a beast,"

"enough!" Hiccup shouts, but we were just getting started, "this is Merida," Hiccup introduces her to us. Merida hmm... Where had I heard that name before? Nope, I have no clue. Hiccup then grabs her waist again, causing my heart to break a little, as he helps her down off of Toothless.

"well hello," Snotlout says wiggling his eyebrows unattractively at her, pushing Hiccup out of the way. I just groan watching the scene unfold.

She groans too helping Hiccup back up. There goes my heart again,  craaaccckkk.

I couldn't take it anymore, I had to say something, do something, if anything I had to do it now. I jump off of Stormflys scaly back, patting her side. I grab my axe out of my skull belt, where I store all of my most important weaponry, the most important being my axe. I then walk up to the redheaded beast.

"Merida huh?" I say, with a hint of disgust.  I hold my axe up threateningly towards her neck, I grip onto it tightly.

"er, y-yeah," she gulps terrified. Just the way I like it.

"Astrid! You're scaring her!" Hiccup buts in, ruining the moment. I roll my eyes ignoring his comment. I swing my axe around my wrist, heading back to Stormfly.

"well, hi everyone, am Merida, Princess of Dunbroch," she says sweetly, in a weird accent.

"wow, what happened to your voice?" Tuffnut asked.

"I think it's something we call an accent, Scottish I presume?" Fishlegs said. I just zone out just thinking. I slump up against the arena wall, as I trace my axe lightly with my forefinger, a tiny bit of blood comes out. At least I know that my night at the forge paid off. I sigh heavily, lying my axe back onto the ground. I shift a bit uncomfortably.

I pull out a sharpening stone as I begin to sharpen my axe further, watching the sparks fly off the end.

"y-you alright?" I look up to see a boy with green eyes abd auburn brown hair staring at me intently. I flinch a little as I get startled by hearing his unexpected presence. 

"yeah, never been better," I turn my head towards 'Merida', I look at her briefly before looking back at down towards my axe continuing to sharpen it.

"what's wrong?" he asks me.

"nothing..." I say simply adding pressure onto the stone sharpening my axe. I felt like shaken up bottle of champagne, ready to burst, but I kept it bottled up.

"you're thinking, and everyone knows that, that isn't very often," Hiccup chuckles at me. He is so not helping, I get up for a second before he realises what's happening I hit him hard on the arm. I then plop back onto the ground, without saying another word. I stare at the ground glaring at it, imagining that it was Meridas face staring back at me. "is it Merida," he suddenly asks, I flinch at the name, nodding slowly, he might as well know. "why?" he says. I feel even worse now, how can he not know?!

"it doesn't matter..." I tell him turning my face away from his abd getting up.

"yes it does Astrid, just tell me, what's wrong?" he tried to persuade me.

"leave me alone Hiccup," I say, with a frustrated tone.

"not until you tell me what's going on, I've been here a day and all you do is try to avoid me, you won't even look at me now! Please Astrid I need to know why!" This is just getting worse.

"you know why!" I snap at him, holding back tears.

"No I don't, c'mon just tell me your problems, why you're acting like this, and I promise we'll try and fix it!"

"leave me alone!" I shout at him, how can he fix something when he can't remember the problem.

I run over to Stormfly, i can't be with him right now, he'll make me do something I really don't want to do, I can't go through that twice. I hop onto Stormfly's back and fly away. flying out of the arena doors.

How can he not remember? If he would say those three simple words, everything would be over. There would be no reason to fight, he would know that I needed him as much ast he wants me, but that's not going to happen as he's just Hiccup and I'm just Astrid, people so different, aren't made to be together...

I fly off towards the cove, the only place I feel more at home and can remember the good times, when I was his and he was mine...

AGAIN I'M SORRY GUYS THAT THIS TOOK SO LONG BUT I SWEAR I WILL TRY TO UPDATE MORE FREQUENTLY! I LOVE YOU GUY!

WAS IT GOOD?

BAD?

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!