7

Tw: Large age gap, neglect?,under-aged drinking, trasphobia, getting kicked out, brief uncensored cursing, coming out, insomnia

11 years ago

----------

Virgil walked hand in hand with his boyfriend Emile. Both of them chatting happily about random topics, it was nice, peacful. They had pretty stressful lives, Virgil had to take care of his father since his mother left, his dad was already 73 while his mom was 36, due to this and how unhealthy his father was he had to pay all the bills, clean the house, buy groceries, make dinner, do the laundry, etc. He never had a break, Emile on the other hand had a bad foster family that treated him like a servant. While he didn't have to leave school, every extra hour he had was spent cleaning and running errands.

So simple walks along the sidewalks were like heaven for the both of them, especially since they spent it together.

"Hey Ve? " Emile spoke up after a while, they had stopped talking for a bit due to just enjoying the fresh air and scenery.

Virgil looked over at his boyfriend with a soft smile "Yeah Em? "

"Can I stay at your house to tonight? " The smaller of the two asked, leaving the other slightly shocked. Sure, it wasn't a big deal to other people but Emile had never missed a night at his house, well he did once but that ended in a lot of yelling.

Virgil hesitantly nodded "of course you can.. Is everything alright? "

All Emile did was shake his head, Virgil understand he wouldn't want to talk about it. So instead they just continued, even if Virgil was a bit worried for the rest of the time.

They ended up coming home at around eight pm, their legs were sore from all the walking but deep down the both loved the feeling. It reminded them of the little freedom they had, it in a way kept them going.

Virgil took of his black hoodie and tied it around his thin waist, they didn't have a lot of money, and most of it was spent on his father, even more of the food was given to his father as well. "I have to make some diner for John, meet me in my room?" His boyfriend gave a small nod before going up to the small and dusty room. So in about twenty minuets later, Virgil joined him.

The darkly dress teen kissed his lovers cheek before pulling out two beers from under his bed "Want one this time?" and to his surprise Emile nodded, only making him more worried. But he handed him the drink "want to talk about it?"

"W-well.. I'm trans.. female to male.. and my foster parents didn't know because my last family was kind enough to help me transition and what not.. " Emile paused and closed his eyes, that family died, all of them. A drunk driver thought I'd be funny to pretend to hit them, but he actually did it. "Well I was in the bathroom taking a shower before Josh, that small boy i was telling you about, walked in right as I stepped out of the shower. I don't have bottom surgery so he saw and.. and..." the small male began to tear up, causing Virgil to hug him. 

"It's alright.. Take your time.." After what felt like hours Emile spoke up again. "The adults came and started yelling and screaming.. they hit me a few times then kicked me out.." Picani sniffled and buried his head into Virgil neck, holding back tears.

Virgil rubbed his back and kissed the top of his head "It's all okay.. we'll figure this out.." Because Emile wasn't upset about being kicked out, but he would have to leave his only friend.. the man he loved..

---

Three days later

They didn't. Emile left. Virgil was let alone.. and for the first time in so long, he cried, sobbed. Everything felt so big.. too big. 

He currently was putting on a movie for his father, John as he called him. In truth his name wasn't actually John but Virgil called him that just to get a reaction out of him.. attention. It never really worked. 

He sat down on the old, torn, sofa. The tv was in horrible condition, you could barely hear or see anything that was going on, but he still had to pay for it.

They sat there for hours, Virgil double checked that he pay for every. It just felt odd, it was hard to accept that he was alone. He knew he wouldn't make friends for a while.. He simply didn't have the time..

Night came quickly, his father had fallen asleep and Virgil had no intentions in moving him. Why should he? The least the man could do is put himself to bed. Or maybe say how thankful he was.. How Virgil did everything for him. How he sacrificed everything just to keep the old man alive.

Why did he do it? Well he didn't exactly know. Maybe he felt bad, the guy could barely talk, couldn't walk. His wife left him, all his family beast dead. Virgil was all he had left. And he's all Virgil had. In some ways, he was glad he was still here. In some ways he wasn't. But this was his life, why should he complain about something he'll never be able to change?

That night, Virgil stayed up. He worked a night shift on a shitty computer. He paid all the bills. Tomorrow he had to shop for his dad's meds and see healthy food for the man and him.. The store a few minutes away was having a sale on most it's vegetables. He laughed to himself at three am. Delirious as he joked and talk to himself. Maybe he was the old man in the house. Ha. A lonely fourteen year old- doing this shit. While his 'dad' was on the couch. Acting like a lazy teenager.

What a nice life.