2

I'm in my family livingroom, I'm only 16. I wait for our movie to end so I can tell my parents the truth... the real me. I try to focus on the tv but my hands are shaking and so many thoughts are running through my mind, so many possibilities. I could get thrown out or yelled at or-

"Payton? Are you ok sweetheart?" I look at my mother and see her sweet smile... she wouldn't do that to me... right?

"Yeah, are you ok?" My dad says after him and I give a nod and a smile. Everyone turns back to the tv including me. My parents love me... why would they stop just because I'm a boy now?

Confidence grew in me that I was going to be ok. I had pride of who I was  and I would be me, no matter what. And.. I smiled, everything was going to be ok.

It was another thirty minutes until the movie ended and I took a big breath. I stood up from the couch and stood in front of the tv.

"Mom... dad... I have something to tell you" I looked down so I could avoid seeing their confusion.

"What is it honey?" My mom spoke up, my dad not opening his mouth but I could feel his eyes on me.

"I- my- you see-" I took another dero breath to calm myself. They love me, they will accept me.

"My n-name is Patton a-and I'm a boy... "

Silence, it filled the room. I couldn't look up, it felt like there was a weight on my head, pushing it down. It took three minutes for one of them to speak up.

"Get out of my house, get out of my life." My mother said coldly. I looked up to see them both staring at me with so much hate and anger.

"M-mom I-" my dad walked up to me and grabbed me by the shirt.

"Get lost, dyke." He shoved me back with force, I barely stayed on my feet. I staring up at him with tearing running down my face then... I ran. I ran out of the livingroom and out of the house. I had no family now...

Patton curled up on his bed, a few tears had fallen down his face.. he hated that memory. That day everything changed for him. He didn't tell anyone what happened and acted like everything was fine and normal as he went to school the next day. His friends don't even know about that now.

Patton hugged himself tightly and let that memory play over and over in his mind. Each time becoming more exaggerated and painful.

He broke into sobs and continued to hug himself, why did he come out? If he just had waited everything would have been fine... but now... it never will be.

While Patton was busy crying, his friends Roman, Virgil, and Logan had planned a suprise visit to the bubbly man. They were currently all in the car, driving to Patton's house.

"For the last time Roman, we are not listening to Disney songs."

"But Lo!"

"Shut it princey, I'd rather listen to Taylor Swift than play your music on repeat. " Virgil said from the back seat. Logan nodded in agreement

"But guys!"

"No." Both Virgil and Logan said in unison. Roman groaned and looked out the window.

It took them a while to get to Patton's house but they did, it had been a while since they had done something nice for Patton and their bubbly friend had done so much for them.

Roman walked up to the door to knock but panicked slightly "uh- Virgil can do it!" He pushed Virgil in front of him.

"What?! I'm not knocking " The anxious man pulled Roman in front of him. Logan sighed and pushed Roman out if the way, he knocked 3 times.

Patton heard the knock and was fairly confused. He wiped his tears and hoped his eyes weren't red. He got out of bed and opened the door, gasping at the sight of his friends.

Roman, Logan, and Virgil frowned.. it was obvious to tell that Patton had been crying. They all hugged him.

Patton giggled as they did so "I missed you guys so much."

"We missed you to Pat!" Roman said energetically

"Yeah, it's been so long" Virgil mumbled softly

"I do happen to enjoy your company and find it bland while you aren't around" Logan spoke in his normal logical tone.

Patton pulled away from the hug "what are you all doing here anyway?"

"Well we wanted to surprise you and come over, do something nice for you." Virgil looked at Patton with a soft smile

"Awwwwww you guys! That's so sweet!" Patton stepped aside so they could enter his house.

Roman and Virgil made eye contact for half a second then dived at the couch where the remote was.

"God, they're so childish" Logan commented.

"Speak for yourself shorty!" Virgil yelled, Logan and Patton were the shortest in the group. They happened to be the same hight though. Virgil was the second tallest and Roman was the tallest out of all of them.

Logan rolled his eyes as Patton chuckled. That was Virgil's main comeback to anything Logan said.

"How about we all watch Love Simon?" Patton suggested and Logan was the one now to bolt to the couch, accidentally tackling Virgil. They both blushed red.

"Just kiss already!" Roman yelled which made them jump and they sat up straight (sorry, gay-ly upwards).  Patton had now joined them and sat next to Roman.

"I mean really, you guys would make a great couple-" Logan threw a pillow at Patton.

"Let's just start the movie!!" Virgil yelled and turned it on, making all of them shut up. That movie was the only thing that got them to stay quiet.

Thirty minutes into the movie Patton looked over to see Logan passed out in Virgil's arms. Virgil was smiling softly at the logical man.

"Awwwwwww" Patton whispered making Virgil blush and rolled his eyes.

"Don't you dare tell Logan." He whispered with narrowed eyes, making Patton giggle.

Everything was amazing, so much so Patton forgot something important, his phone. The one which his parents were going to call him on to try to turn him back to a girl. That phone was ringing in his room, and Virgil was about to head in it.