6

Draco was confused. How had the Ministry known about his life with his father? It was all just too confusing for him. Lucius, he was in Askaban now, and Narcissa, was on the run. How, how had they found out? He was very careful, Lucius, always making sure that Draco was ingrained with enough fear and horror of his Father that Draco telling anyone about it was just inconceivable. How had they found out? Lucius was bound to blame him, and if/when he escaped from Askaban, well, torture is not something out of depth for him. 

"Where am I going to live?" Draco asked Dumbledore. "I mean, I doubt anyone would want to take care of me considering everything, I just don't think..."

"Draco, that has already been arranged. The family has been contacted, and after a very long debate with the other members, it has been agreed that you should live with them." 

"Who are they?"

"They will get you once you are on the platform. Don't worry. I think this will be the best summer that you have had in a while." Dumbledore said kindly. Draco nodded, not willing himself to speak. He was confused, because he just didn't know what to do now. He doubted that his new 'guardians' would be any better than Lucius was. After all, almost all Slytherins beat their children to get them in line, none actually went as far as to torture their kids, in that Lucius was worse than everyone else. Now, Draco just wasn't sure what he was going to do.

Draco stayed huddled in the back corner of the compartment of the train he was in which was near the front. The train came to a sudden stop. Draco stayed behind. He was unsure of what to do.

Ron, Ginny, Fred and George, ran up to their parents. "Where's Malfoy?" Ron asked. 

"I don't know, he hasn't come off the train yet." Molly Weasley said. 

"Well, he's got to be on there." Arthur said. "I'll go take a look." 

It didn't take long for him to find Draco. He was in one of the first compartments. Draco was pressed against the back wall, under the window. His knees were up against his chest, his arms wrapped around his knees. He pressed his body against the back of the wall when Arthur opened the compartment. 

"Why didn't you come out?" Arthur asked. Draco did not answer, he hung his head, his shoulders quivering, tense. "Come on," Arthur said. "Get up." Draco slowly stood up. He kept his head cast downward. "Let's go," Draco followed him, keeping a slight distance from the Weasley. "Alright, found him!" Arthur said happily. Molly collected Draco into a deep hug, causing him to stiffen and become more rigid than a board. 

"It's good to have you." Molly said in a cheerful voice. Draco continued to stay tense once she finally let him go. "You will be seeing us until you are at least seventeen." Molly said happily. Draco was unsure of what happened. Why would the Weasley help him? 

"Alright, I'll take Draco and Ginny, you take Fred, George and Ron." Arthur said. Molly nodded, smiling. Molly went first, with the Twins and Ron. They apparated away. Ginny took her father's hand. "Draco," Draco flinched when Arthur grabbed his shoulder. "Just keep still." 

"I know, my father has apparated me several times before." Draco whispered. 

They were soon at the Weasley house, and Draco stood completely still, though very tense. "I'll take you to your room." Arthur said, trying to dispense of the tense atmosphere. Not that it worked very well.

Draco was taken to a side of the the house and a room that was painted green. He looked at them a bit questioningly. "We sort of decorated it in green and silver. We can get your things from your room at the Manor later." Arthur explained kindly.

"Thank you, Sir," Draco said, bowing his head. 

"Dinner will be done soon, we will call for you."