46

Draco really did not know what to say, or even think, about the audacity of his godfather. For one, he definitely should have told Draco about this before, and then maybe certain things would not have happened. He would have still punished Blaise, but perhaps he could have thought things through a bit easier before he did something stupid. Now, before his Father undoubtedly figured things out when he came out, he would have to issue an apology to Blaise. Whilst also knowing full well what Blaise did. It was...it was annoying. He really should have been informed that the Ministry did not have all the information before hand, this could have eliminated quite a few things, and he was almost certain that Severus kept this information from him, though why he was not entirely sure. They were dealing with the same shit, after all. It could be that his Uncle simply had not had this information until recently, and elected to share it with him, but Draco did not know that for sure, which left him anxious and generally annoyed. This could have been great things to know before, and considering he did not have that information, he was not sure...he was not sure what to do. What he did know, was that him and Blaise needed to talk. Now.

He stalked his way through the halls and down the corridors to the Common Room, the door slamming behind him as he walked up to where Blaise was sitting by himself. He stopped before him, his eyes still burning as he grabbed his arm and yanked him up, dragging him hastily through the common room to their dorm. He shouted at everyone to leave, and they vacated the room instantly, not wanting to get on his bad side with how obviously in a bad room it was that he was in. Draco shoved Blaise forwards, releasing him, before placing several silencing charms on the room, and turning to Blaise, finally, ready to actually talk about what was going on, and what they were going to have to do.

"You betrayed me and my father, by going to the blood traitors, about what was going on, do you understand this?" Draco questioned, his voice trembling, and his teeth clenching from the turmoil of feelings that he was currently feeling. It was clear Blaise was confused beyond anything else, as he was just staring at Draco like he was a brand new person, which Draco supposed was understandable given he had never allowed his anger to get a hold of him like that. It was definitely rare, if nothing more, and Draco was always quite good at hiding and pretending his emotions did not exist. It would seem with his Father not around anymore his control was rather slipping from him-not a good thing if what he felt was going to happen did in fact happen. Blaise slowly nodded, accepting what Draco had said. He breathed heavily. "However, it has come to my attention that the Ministry does not know that it was you who provided the information, which means...I can probably save your ass if my father does end up escaping azkaban." Blaise stared at him, openly now, disbelief colouring his features.

"Wait...I thought you were just acting like that because you were mad, you were trying to...protect me in the case your father escapes? Draco, you do know that it is nigh impossible to escape Azkaban, right?" Blaise asked, his words coming slowly, as though he was scared Draco was absolutely losing it. Perhaps Draco was, he would have no idea. He certainly felt he was loosing it to a degree. It was stupid thing to think about, someone escaping Azkaban, but someone had already done it.

"Sirius Black managed to get it done, and now my father is in connection with some of the darkest and most powerful wizards around...I have no doubt that if they needed or wanted to, or put their minds to it, they would figure out a way to escape the fortress. When, or if, that happened, I have to be able to ensure that the fallout is as minimal as possible. Surely you can understand that...if nothing more." Blaise licked his lips, but nodded.

"I do, I just...I know I should not have gone behind your back like that, but...at the same time, seeing how Lucius was acting, seeing you slowly but steadily fade before my eyes...I couldn't stand it anymore. I even used muggle technology." Blaise stated, disgusted. "But at the end of the day, I wanted to do something...even if it was useless." Draco inhaled slowly, trying to clear his thoughts. He needed to be as clear headed as possible about this, after all.

"I appreciate the attempt to help, Blaise, but you have to promise me that you will not do something so stupid again." Draco stated clearly, his eyes glaring the other Slytherin down intensely. "Swear."

"S-Swear?" Blaise stuttered slightly. "Swear how exactly?"

"Just swear it!" Draco hissed, his voice dropping but the anger was clear enough that Blaise was hastily stuttering over a swear. After having done so, Draco seemed to loose tension in his body. "I will need to utter a formal apology. To the rest of the Slytherins, we will claim that the Weasley's said they had evidence, and yet failed to provide that evidence that you were the transgressor. I will say that I was emotional, but I decided to have Severus look into it after some thought and he came up with no evidence that you actually did such things. That means, no matter what, you deny ever having anything to do with this, do you understand?" Draco questioned. Blaise felt tears fill his eyes as he realized what Draco was risking.

"I...You don't have to do this for me." Draco laughed, self depreciation leaking through it.

"Don't I?"