Part 31

Draco was never one to back down, never one to cower, unless it was to his father. Which was a unique situation. After all, his father was a cruel person, more so than anyone that he had ever met, and that was definitely saying something considering the amount of cruel people that he had met. Purebloods as a whole, had a lot of expectations that they shoved upon their offspring, and Draco swore when he had children he would not do the same. He did not want his child to wonder if they were good enough, or if he cared for them. He understood that pain, and he would never wish for his own children to go through the same thing. 

That was of course, assuming that he lived long enough to manage it. As it were, he was determined to escape the Veela realm. It really was surprisingly easy as well. He had not truly expected it to be so simple a thing to escape what was supposed to be an intensely powerful and highly secure place for transitions. As such, he was not one to deny that it was absurdly easy to actually manage his escape. He had expected some push back, some realization that he was going to escape...or like...anything. Yet, nobody realized anything. Perhaps that was just his amazing acting skills being put to play, but even still, it was somewhat ridiculous. He was somewhat...hesitant to leave MinHo alone. He had actually gotten to enjoy the second Prince's company. 

It was problematic. He knew. He should not make such attachments, not when he knew that his father could show up at anytime, and not when he knew that attachments were not good, not for people like him. Yet, for some reason, he found it hard to not like the second prince. He was nice, kind, and charismatic. He almost felt bad escaping without letting him know...almost. He was determined and even though he liked the second prince's company, he was not going to allow something so pitifully simple to ruin his plans. Plans that had been long in the making, and he was not about to abandon those for some tie with the veela realm that he was going to be forced to break once he settled into his transition. 

Something which was happening rather quickly. Even the young prince was surprised by how fast he was adapting. Then again, he was a Malfoy, they never really did anything half way. He knew that it usually took up to a year, and he had only been here a smattering of months, but even still, he had gotten most of his newfound ability under control, He no longer felt the need to obey anything that the higher ranked doms spoke, something which had surprised many when he had directly defied the order of the first prince in the middle of dinner. 

That had been hilarious. Perhaps Draco had been a bit bold, but he had made a statement as well, which was the entire point in the first place. He needed to start distancing himself, showing that others could not just order him around and just expect him to listen. Not to mention he may have a slight grudge on the first prince, and that grudge may have ended in the removal of his title of crown prince, so it is possible that the grudge went both ways, but honestly Draco was not one to dwell. Still, trying to order him around? No, only one person was allowed that and that was only because Draco may be slightly terrified of the man and also the fact that he was more than capable of beating Draco within an inch of his life without even touching his wand or making any sort of physical contact with his son. 

It had been a few months since Draco had first contacted Severus before he had obtained all the information that he wanted. Time within the Veela realm may pass slightly differently, but with his continual updates that he requested from Severus Via Bobby he was more than able to keep track of everything that was going on in the magical realm as well as this one.

His prime opportunity to escape came about six months into his stay at the Veela realm. Something he was grateful for, but strangely also regretting. It was harder to leave the Veela realm than he had originally thought it would be, thanks to his friendship with the second prince. Still, he had to do this. He would not allow himself to be pulled into this stupid place for much longer and it was the prime opportunity. 

Dumbledore's reputation was all but destroyed, something which gave him immense pleasure. He had found out that it was Blaise who had managed to somehow gather the damning evidence which had landed his father in azkaban, and Hogwarts schooling had already begun, and it was going to be first exams soon. He was still salty that he missed most...or rather...all of his vacation stuck in the Veela realm. Furthermore, he refused to also miss first exams of the year. Severus had also managed to fight Dumbledore's decision to send him with the Weasleys. What ensued was a trial that he would request Severus show him in a pensive because he was sure that it was amazing and he wanted to see it. 

So it was time, and as much as a part of him would miss this place, a part of him knew that he was never destined to stay here. And in less than a moment Bobby had moved him from his room in the Veela Realm, a letter atop the folded blankets, to Severus' office in Hogwarts. 

-

Lucius wanted revenge. How dare...How dare anyone put their imput on his parenting skills. Stuck in Azkaban, but not for long, no, not forever either. He would escape. He and Bella and Narcissa, they had a plan. How daring, how daring for them to assume that it could not be done. They were the two ancient noble families. There was little that they could not do when given the right push.