Part 32

"The school is going to throw a fit." Severus said simply, staring at Draco who was leaning against his chair leg crossed over the other, nonchalance echoed in his face. "Not to mention you literally escaped from the Veela realm? I doubt that they will take that lightly." Severus tried to warn him, then again, Severus had been working to warn him for quite some time that his abrupt departure from the Veela realm would cause quite a bit of tensions. 

"It is perfectly alright Uncle Sev." Draco said, his eyes gleaming. Severus sighed, but did not push the issue. It was never a good idea to continue to push a Malfoy anyways, he knew that quite intimately, let alone when they have a gleam in their eyes. "I left the princes' a letter, explaining that I was leaving. It is not as though they can keep me hostage there. That would do next to no good for relations with the future line of Malfoys, or the present one." Draco tilted his head and leaned back in the chair. "Besides, it was not exactly the most ideal place anyways. I did not like being there." Severus gave him a small sympathetic smile. 

"Be that as it may," He said with a slightly despondent sigh. "They will likely not take well to you leaving. Their training is supposed to be highly important." Draco scoffed at that, rolling his eyes. 

"Important?" He fleshed out, his words scathing. "The best they did was insult me and act as though I were a fragile maiden." He folded his arms across his chest, glancing over at Severus with a glare. "As I am sure you are aware I am no fragile maiden and nor will I stand for insults." Severus closed his eyes and took a deep breath. 

"I know that, Draco, but, even still, are you sure you are able to deal with any potential problems your creature awakening can cause?" Draco furrowed his brows. 

"To be honest, I am not sure. However, I do know that staying at the Veela realm will only do more harm than good. I only did it because I was worried what could happen, given the treatment I received there, it would be better to deal with things on my own." Draco sighed, shaking his head, trying to clear his thoughts from everything that had happened. 

"It was horrid." He whispered softly. "I know that...it is not wise, given the fact that the Veela creature awakening is always a complicated ordeal, but really what choice do I have? I refuse to spend an entire year away from school, and the realm was in...well...I do not wish to speak of it." Draco shuddered slightly. "Either way the point is, I would rather be at school and preparing for Father's return." 

It was Severus's turn to show frustration. While he understood the boy's desire to have his father, it was a complicated situation. Lucius was not the kindest man, let alone parent. The cruel punishments that he used upon Draco on the daily was enough proof of that. Yet true to his word, he wished...to...release his father from Askaban? 

"How exactly do you plan to get your father out?" Severus wondered, his tone scarcely deviating, but Draco heard the question in the poorly worded sentence. It came off more as a demand, yet Draco had been around the other long enough to know better. 

"I do not have to. With Father, Mother, and Aunt Bella all within Askaban now, it is only a matter of time." Draco rolled his eyes. "Really, bad choices on their parts." He bit his lower lip anxiously, glancing up at Severus. Unfolding his arms he leaned forwards, wanting to impress the seriousness of this information he was about to speak of. "Father will contact me if he needs help. Uncle, I...I do not really wish to aid my father, I do not wish to see him again, but the reality is that eventually I will. I would rather be on his good side at that point." 

Severus gave a bitter look at that.

"I as well," He whispered softly. Black eyes bore into Draco's own gray ones. "Your father will...not be pleased if I did not help you. In whatever way it was that you needed." 

Draco looked down, feeling a bit guilty at that. He knew for as bad his father was with him, he had always been far worse on his Uncle. He did not need to know exactly what his father was doing to know that. The depth of pain and fear upon even seeing his father that Severus could never quite hide clearly indicated that. Severus and Draco were so similar in so many ways. Lucius had raised them up to do what they were ordered, and nothing more. It affected them, even now that he was locked away, as they both were more than aware that he would not stay there. He was too powerful, and too influential. In some ways, it was best to prepare for his return, it was safer that way than to wonder if he would ever escape and pretend to think all was well. 

"I am thankful for your help Uncle Sev." He said, gratefulness coloured his tone. Severus merely breathed deeply, not wanting to show the depth of his emotions. 

"I shall ensure that your abrupt return is not hindered with rumor." 

"What about the Weasleys, and Potter, and the Mudblood?" Draco wondered, looking at Severus curiously. "They should have started school correct?" 

"It would seem as though the golden trio is...no longer quite so golden." Draco shot up, staring at Severus with wide eyes. 

"Wait, seriously?" The simple nod was all he needed to know. It was true then. Shocking as it may be. "What happened then?" 

"It would seem them being sent to school to learn the ways and traditions of purebloods has...strained their relationship with each other." Draco blinked, staring at Severus blankly. He could not believe it. Of all things...That was what broke their friendship? There were so many different things, but he wondered what exactly had occured to truly destroy a friendship as strong as those three. Then again, perhaps it was not as strong as it had looked from the outside. There were many things that were different on the inside as opposed to the outside. 

"Well, this will definitely be an interesting school year then." Draco muttered under his breath. Severus gave a small smile and a light laugh. 

"Do not fret too much. This year will be akin to all others. I have managed to gain you extra time to do all of your school assignments prior to today without penalty, but please, ensure that they are swiftly finished before first exams."