Chapter 6

Basically, you got your ass handed to you.

"Ouch," you muttered, patching yourself up with Band-Aids from a nearby first aid kit.

"This is why you should probably train a bit before challenging one of the best fighters in camp," Percy remarked. You narrowed your eyes at him; you wanted to go over there and wipe that stupid grin off his face.

"Besides, it's hard to fight with a knife," Annabeth explained. "You have to be careful; there are lots of weapons that have a longer range. Only the fastest and cleverest of warriors can wield it well."

"How do you know so much about knife fighting?" you said, instantly slapping a hand over your mouth. You hadn't meant for it to sound so rude. Instantly, Annabeth's eyes hardened; she was scary when she was angry! She unsheathed her knife-"Oh, great observation skills, ______. That would've been nice to know."-and stared at you.

"Let's go," she challenged.

"What?!" you exclaimed. You weren't sure why; you saw this coming.

"If you win, I'll teach you everything I know," Annabeth bet. "And if I win..." Oh god, now you were scared.

"...You have to go on a date with Nico di Angelo."

...what?

"Annabeth, now is not the time-"Percy tried, but Annabeth interrupted.

"The way he's been acting is getting ridiculous. He needs to have someone to talk to, not just sit around in his cabin all day!" she reasoned.

"Dude, Piper's the one who's always doing this!" Percy argued.

"Um, I don't know the guy," you interrupted, "but it's a deal." You pressed the button on your bracelet to...summon...your knife once more. Percy facepalmed then agreed to referee the battle.

"Three, two, one, go!" he announced. Instantly, you lunged at Annabeth. You already had a strategy in mind: lunge, dodge if needed, feint, trip her if possible, and then knock the dagger out of her hand.

Instead, Annabeth dodged your attack. Stupid, you thought. She's more experienced AND a daughter of Athena. You whirled around, determined not to let her out of your sight. She swiped at your side, but you blocked her blade with your own. However, you weren't prepared when she twisted the knife out of your hand with her own weapon, effectively sending it skidding across the ground. In an instant, her knife's blade was pointed at your throat.

"I win," Annabeth announced. Feeling around your wrist and seeing that the bracelet had reappeared-how fortunate that it decided to come back so quickly this time; it wouldn't be so kind in the future-you smirked.

"I don't think so," you said, pushing the button and regaining your weapon. Slashing at your opponent, you dueled until her own weapon was sent skidding across the floor, and this time, she didn't have an object that returned it to her. With wide eyes and a slightly open mouth, it was obvious that Annabeth was baffled that you had beaten her on your first try.

Or maybe it was the silvery-blue light emanating from somewhere above your head.

"Uh, guys? What's happening?" you questioned when you saw Percy acting the same way-just less baffled and more, well, surprised.

"Well, it looks like we know who your godly parent is, ______," Percy said, staring at the glowy thing above your head. You had the bright idea to look into your knife to see what it was: a holographic owl, emanating the silver-blue light, was floating about five inches above your head.

"Welcome to Cabin Six," Annabeth said, retrieving her knife and holding out her hand for you to shake. You took it and shook hesitantly. What was Cabin Six? Why was Annabeth welcoming you? And what was that glowing thing all about? And then, it dawned on you.

You were ______, daughter of Athena.

~~~

Reader-chan has now been claimed! Fun fact: the only claimings that have physical changes (icluding holographs) that have been seen in the books were for Percy, Piper and Leo! Yep, I've been doing research. Camp Half-Blood Wiki is a god among wikis.

Did you enjoy the chapter? Did you see the godly parent coming since the first chapter(because it really was that obvious)? Did you enjoy the fact that we're getting closer and closer to finally meeting Nico?

Are you getting annoyed because there's no Nico after 6 chapters in a Nico x Reader book?

Feel free to leave a comment, question, or really anything. Thanks for reading, and I'll see you next time!

//if I'm still alive by then//