Chapter 4

After a good forty-five minutes, you sat silent in a rather uncomfortable chair. You were still trying to get the basic facts through your 'mortally thick' skull.

My mom wasn't human. She was a Greek goddess.

There are lots of kids like me.

Monsters go after said kids like me.

Therefore, the kids flock here to be safe from monsters and train to be heroes.

Seems legit.

When you had first seen the full form of the admittedly kinda imtimidating man, you had just about walked out of the cabin and back over the hill, telling yourself it was just a bad LSD trip. Then the man introduced himself.

His name was Chiron, Trainer of Heroes. He was a centaur and helped managed the camp. He had explained everything to you(well, everything important): the fact you were a demigod, why you were chased down by monsters, the miracle it was that you were still alive at fourteen, and the camp. After a while, he had told you to take a few minutes to process everything--hey, it isn't every day you find out that you're a half-god--and then leave when you wanted to.

So about five minutes later, you stood up and walked out of the large cabin. Chiron told you that unclaimed kids lived in the Hermes cabin until they were claimed--which, in some cases, was never. You hoped you weren't one of those kids.

You walked over to the large "U" of cabins, looking for what Chrion described as the most worn-looking cabin with a cadecus over the door. You soon found it, and walked inside. It was empty, as was to be expected; everyone was at dinner, after all! People's things were everywhere, including clothes and sleeping bags for the kids who had to sleep on the floor. The cabin was pretty much over capacity already without you being here.

You sat your stuff down into an empy corner in the room, making sure you had your valubles in your pockets. Hey, you had studied Greek mythology: Hermes was the god of thieves, so it should stand to reason that all of his children were pickpockets. After you were all set up, you walked out of the door of the cabin and towards the dining pavilion.

On your way there(it wasn't very far away, but still a good distance), you felt like you were being...watched. You couldn't tell if it was a person or animal, but you hoped it was the former; Chiron had said that the magic barrier surrounding the camp didn't let in monsters, but there were some that roamed the forest for the campers to train with. You shook off the feeling and continued on.

When you got to the dining pavilion, it looked like everyone had already started to eat. It was flanked with columnsm with a large braizer in the center the size of a bathtub. A thin gray crack ran through the middle. Several campers looked up at you with curiosity, then whispered to their friends. A few campers at one table waved you over to them. They looked alike; maybe they were twins?

"Hey, newbie! Over here!" one of them called out. You walked over to their almost full-to-the-brim table. "Welcome to Camp Half-Blood," the one who spoke said, smiling. "I'm Travis Stoll, and that's my twin, Conner." The guy's twin waved at you. "Go on and take a seat, the nymphs'll come around eventually." You thanked him and sat down beside the two guys.

After a few minutes, a beautiful, elfish woman came up to you and sat down a plate full of cheese, bread, grapes, and other foods in front of you. "Thanks," you sad, smiling at her. You were so hungry that you could probably eat an entire column!

"So, you a kid of Hermes?" Conner asked around a mouthfull of bread. you shook your head no.

"I just got here about an hour ago," you replied, popping some grapes into your mouth.

"Cool! A bit of advice for staying in the Hermes cabin," Travis commented. "Keep your friends close and your valubles closer." With that, he bit into a small block of cheese. They seemed nice enough, but the way they warned against theft was kinda creepy.

After discovering the magic of the goblets(peach soda all day every day), eating more cheese, and getting to know the campers around you, dinner was over. The Stolls informed you that there was usually Capture the Flag between cabins after dinner, but it had been cancelled for unknown reasons. You shrugged, a bit glad. No use in getting your ass handed to you the first night of camp!

As you walked back to your cabin, you started thinking about your dad. Where was he? did he know about all this demigod stuff? He must have, since he knew about the camp. And Chris. Where was he? Conner had told you about the satyrs helping demigods get to camp, but you hadn't seen Chris anywhere! Maybe tomorrow you would look for him...

Regardless, you unrolled the sleeping bag Travis had given you and gotten into it after changing into (f/c) pajamas. You tried to sleep after the twins yelled, "Lights out!" but you just couldn't. Thoughts kept running through your mind.

What if dad got caught by another monster?

That thought shot a stream of terrified throughts through your brain. Soon, you just told yourself to calm down and try the method that always worked to get you to go to sleep. You layed face up with your hands by your sides and closed your eyes. You tried not to move at all, picturing the woman who you had come to call your 'dream mom'.

She was tall and lean, with intense gray eyes and soft black hair, and she always wore a beautiful white dress. Whenever you had a problem and couldn't figure it out, you always asked her. She was kind and motherly and gave you advice, and even though she was just a figment of your imagination, she was more of a mother than your actual one.

So when you finally drifted off to sleep, you 'awoke' in a large white space with her in front of you.

"Hello, child. What brings you here? You haven't visited me in a quite a long time," she said, her gray eyes sparkling with what looked like pride.

"Well, mom, I just found out that I'm not human," you started. You began to explain everything to her, even though some part of you knew she knew everything already and much more. Yet she still listened.

"So yeah. That happened today," you finished. "I have a few problems though. One, who's my parent? I don't want to be stuck in that Hermes cabin forever. Some of those guys give me the creeps," you said, shuddering slightly. Dream Mom laughed.

"I'm sure that'll clear up soon," she chuckled. "But it's time for you to go now. I'll see you soon, okay?"

"Okay," you said, giving her a hug. She started to fade out of your vision just as you opened your eyes to a dark cabin ceiling. You smiled a little to yourself.

"I really hope everything turns out fine, Mom. But I'm still worried."

A/N: I want to thank all of you for over 1,500 reads!! That is an INSANE amount of reads for just three(now four) chapters! I appreciate every one of you who has commented and voted, it really means a lot to me. Thank you so much for sticking with this story!

Also, I'd like to clarify some things. There's a reason I changed the title: this story isn't about some random romance. This story is about you. Yep. You. You and your adventures, you and your triumphs, you and your mistakes, and maybe even you and your love.

So sit down and enjoy the ride. :)