Chapter 5

You sat up in your sleeping bag on the floor, unable to sleep after the dream you had. It filled your head with so many questions that you couldn't think straight! Looking at the wall clock revealed that it was about 5:00 AM. This made you laugh a little; you usually detested getting up before nine o' clock! You pushed your hands against the floor to stand up, deciding to get an early start and explore more of the camp.

After changing into a new Camp Half-Blood t-shirt, courtesy of the twins-"Don't worry, we have loads of 'em. They never last long."-you slipped out of the cabin door, careful not to wake anyone up. You gently shut the door and set off towards a medium-sized building.

It wasn't a remarkable place on the outside. Nevertheless, you were curious, so you entered the building. As if you hadn't been assaulted by enough weird stuff in the past few days, the building was an ordinary stable.

Full of pegasi.

"_____, you fought two Greek monsters in the past day. This shouldn't be weird to you," you mumbled to yourself.

"What'd ya say?" a male voice called from somewhere in the stables. You were startled, to say the least; who's in the stables at 5 AM? You walked cautiously to where the voice seemed to come from. When you walked into the stall holding a black pegasus, a pair of sea-green eyes were right in your face.

"S-sorry!" you stuttered, mentally slapping yourself. The guy looked surprised as well. Considering the circumstances, it was the only logical reaction.

"What's up? I haven't seen you around camp before," the boy said, looking at you curiously. "Are you the new kid?" You nodded, and the guy stuck out his hand to shake. "Welcome to Camp Half-Blood. I'm Percy," he said, all the while flashing you a gorgeous smile.

You couldn't help but smile back as you introduced yourself. "I'm _____." Now that you got a good look at him, Percy was quite attractive. He had messy, black hair sticking up every which way, an obviously toned body beneath a faded Camp Half-Blood t-shirt--probably from all of the training you would undoubtably have to go through--and a glint of mischief in his eyes that reminded you of the sea.

"So, _____, do you know who your parent is?" Percy asked.

You shook your head. "Not a clue."

Percy smiled again, then hoisted himself up onto the gate on the stall. "Don't worry, I'm sure you'll know soon. Everyone is supposed to know who their parent is by the time they're thirteen now."

"If that's so, how come the Hermes cabin is still packed full of kids? Some of them are, like, 18," you questioned.

"Well, it hasn't been that long since the promise went through. The gods are always busy, you know," Percy said, his expression becoming a little darker. "They should hurry up, though. Every day that--"

"Wait, what's this about a promise?" you asked. Percy blinked.

"You don't know?" he asked incredulously. You shook your head. He patted the spot next to him on the gate. "This is gonna take a while, so you might as well get comfy."

Over the next hour and a half, he recounted the Battle of Manhattan and all of the events leading up to and following it.

"So then Rachel threw her hairbrush at Kronos--"

"Hey, Seaweed Brain! We've been waiting on you to start training the new kid," a girl's voice interrupted. A girl who looked to be about Percy's age with curly, blonde hair akin to a princess' entered the stables. "There you are. What in the gods' name are you doing?" Then she saw you. She shot Percy a glare that would've made anyone cringe. "Perseus Jackson, were you--"

"No, ohmygods no I wasn't--" Percy babbled. You felt your cheeks flare red.

"He was just filling me in on some things," you said. From the way Percy, a guy who seemed to ooze the "cool guy" vibe, was stuttering all over the place at the suggestion, you guessed that this was Annabeth. "Hey, I'm _____. You must be Annabeth," you said, jumping off the gate and walking over to her.

Annabeth looked from Percy, to you, back to Percy, and then said, "I'm not sure how you know my name, but welcome to camp." She had an undetectable smile, but you knew she was being positive.

As the three of you walked over to the training area, you noticed the little beads on a leather string around their necks. "What are those?" you asked, noting the bead on Annabeth's with a satyr in a prom dress.

"At the end of every summer, each camper gets a clay bead with a symbol of the biggest event of the summer on it," Annabeth explained. "I've been here since I was little, so I have a lot of them. Percy only has five." Percy shrugged at this comment.

When you arrived at the training area, Percy motioned towards a little gardening shack. "Do you need to find a weapon?" he asked. I shook my head, then pushed the button on my bracelet. That little, sparkling dagger appeared in my hand. I smirked as Percy's eyes widened.

"Come at me, bro."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I swear this isn't a Percy x Reader.

And no, I wasn't eaten by a hellhound. ;)

I really apologize for all of the inconsistent updates. It's difficult to remember to update, especially on a side account, and add a ridiculously busy schedule onto that and BAM! No time for Nico .-.

But I really do hope you liked the chapter! I'm not sure when I'll update, but rest assured that I WILL update. Eventually.

~Remember not to take M&Ms from strangers~