Nine

"The regret of my life is that I have not said 'I love you' often enough."

+

I stood up from the couch as Taehyung and Yoongi walked through the door, Yoongi supporting Taehyung.

"Tae!" I gasped out and ran forward, hugging him and Yoongi tightly to myself. "You injured?"

"Some asshole mugged me." Taehyung smiled, a cut on his lips. "But I'm fine, he didn't get anything."

"Why are you still up? It's midnight." Yoongi frowned as he kicked off his shoes, taking off his suit jacket as well.

"I wait for you two." I helped Taehyung to the couch, him immediately closing his eyes once his head hit the pillows. "Jin let me."

Yoongi sighed and poured himself a glass of milk and warmed it in the microwave. "You have school tomorrow."

"I worried!" I raised my voice slightly, but relaxed once Taehyung groaned and moved on the couch. "I need make sure you were safe. I can not lose...another family."

Yoongi set the glass of milk on the countertop, his back to me. He lowered his head and I saw his hand form a fist.

"You aren't going to lose another one of us." Yoongi turned around and hugged me, curling his head around my own. "We don't leave as easily as others."

I took a deep breath as tears fell from my face.

"Bye Dad! I'm going to miss you!" I hugged my father in his military uniform as my mom stood behind me with the boys.

Mom was crying behind me and my father was earlier, but I wasn't worried. Dad always leaves, but he comes back. Every time.

"Ah, my Little Flower." He hugged me tightly. "When I come back, you and I are going to play basketball for hours."

"I look forward to it!" I giggled and gave him a big kiss on the cheek.

He smiled and wiped a tear from his face.

I stood beside Jin and he held my hand as we watched Mom and Dad kiss and say their goodbyes.

"Bye Dad!" I waved enthusiastically

"Safe travels Adam." Yoongi nodded towards Dad as he boarded his flight

He was killed in battle a few weeks before he was supposed to come home. I was nine.

Mom changed so much after that, but she got better after a couple of months.

I asked her why she wouldn't remarry, and she would respond by saying.

"He was already my second true love. I lost Dylan, and your father. I've given up on love."

I was confused when I was younger, but I understand now. I guess it wasn't that bad since she had the boys and I, but I think she wanted someone else as well. Someone to kiss, to love.

"Let's get you to bed." Yoongi let go of our hug, but kept his arm around my shoulder. "Didn't you say you have a math test tomorrow?"

"Shit."

+++

"Benjamin!" I called out as he walked into school, a little bit away from me.

He turned and smiled as he saw me.

"Wait for me!" I was about to walk towards him, but remembered who was beside me.