Two

"What if this is what it's gonna be like for the rest of my life? Fight after fight, barely getting any room to recover. What if I'm gonna have to, for the rest of my life, act stronger that I am?"

2 Years Later

Rosemary's Point Of View

"Jungkook!" I smiled brightly as I hurried down the school's steps. "I didn't know you picking me up today."

I hugged him and whispered in his ear. "Were you okay standing out here by you? Nothing bad happened?"

Jungkook beamed at me as we separated from each other. "My anxiety is getting a lot better. And if I do feel anxious or scared, I have the oil bracelet that you bought me!" He showed me his precious bracelet.

"I'm glad it, it, helps." I smiled and turned back to my friends that I left behind.

"Jungkook!" Emma and Ava exclaimed as they walked over to us.

I forced a smile on my face.

"Hi." Jungkook waved nervously.

They giggled and walked over, but whispered a little on the way.

I rolled my eyes. They both think Jungkook's hot, which is weird for me. I grew up with the dude.

Well, I grew up, and he watched.

Jin explained to me that they have never aged since they were captured by Timeless and brought to the Nightmare. No one has ever told me any details, all I know is that mom's old friend Dylan died saving Yoongi (Suga). That and the boys were injected with something while they were under sleep meds that stopped them from aging.

It sounds like a nightmare if you ask me.

But they've fought through it pretty well. They still enjoy life like today might be their last.

"Are you coming over to the cafe with us to study?" Ava asked, shouldering her book bag.

I grew sad, remembering what I had to do today.

"Uh, no. Remember, I, my mom...." I tried to form the words, but that was all that came out.

"We're visiting her mom." Jungkook piped up, his eyes trying to keep the tears down. "We have a whole night planned, sorry."

"No no, it's okay." Emma denied Jungkook's apology before hugging me, Ava joining.

"Text us if you need anything." Ava smiled sympathetically as she walked away with Emma.

I sighed as I watched them go.

Such fakers. Only acting for Jungkook to notice them.

"Let's home Jungkook." I took a deep breath and linked arms with my Hybrid friend.

"Yes, home." Jungkook whispered, staring at the ground blankly.

+++

"Rose, perfect timing." Jin welcomed as Jungkook and I slid off our shoes by the door, him helping me balance. "You can help me decorate the cake."

"Okay!" I stood beside Jin and he handed me the spatula.

"You know how to ice a cake right?"

"Yes Jin. I 15, I know to ice cake." I gave him a teasing look.

"Hey Rose." Taehyung crouched on the stool. "How was school?"

"Boring." I shrugged as I spread the icing. "Same old same old. I wish would be a fight or some drama or some interesting."