Chapter seventeen

~Third person pov~

"Arthur, I think you should slow down" Francis tried to pull the wine bottle away from the British man. "No, you!" Arthur laughed pointing to Francis. "Alright then, I should take you home" Francis laughed, finally taking the bottle away from him. "Francis!!! Nooo!" Arthur stood up, trying to get the bottle thrown off from his drunken self. "Arthur no" Francis laughed placing the bottle in the kitchen. "Carry me," Arthur laughed, throwing himself at Francis. Francis took out his phone and started to record Arthur. "Arthur say hi" he laughed. "Hello!" Arthur smiled childishly at the camera. "How are you feeling?" Francis asked, trying to contain a laugh. "Oh I am feeling something" Arthur laughed as he started to play with Francis's hair by twirling it around.

"Arthur you are drunk" Francis laughed putting his phone away. "Come back when you are sober" the Frenchman added laughing. "I missed you, Francis; where did you go?" Arthur asked sadly. "I have been standing here with you" Francis explained making Arthur nod laughing. Arthur suddenly took a seat looking horrified. "What is wrong?" Francis asked concerned Looking at Arthur worried. "Do you think dogs get sad?" Arthur asked looking as if he were about to cry. "Possibly, but it is okay; everyone gets sad," Francis said patting his back. Soon enough Arthur busted out into tears.

"That is not fair! We need to go and help them!!!!" Arthur yelled standing up from his seat and sticking his fist in the air. "What on earth?!" Francis looked shocked at Arthur's determination. "Quick! Take off your clothes" Arthur suddenly changed the subject as he turned looking to Francis. "What?!" Francis asked, shocked. "I will do it with you" Arthur laughed starting to strip down. "Wait no!!!! No one wants to see you drunk off your ass and in the nude," Francis tried stopping Arthur from stripping, but it was too late. Arthur had taken off all of his clothes except for his underwear. "Arthur, please put your clothes on" Francis begged, but Arthur started throwing his clothes at him. "Stop!" Francis tried to argue against Arthur.

"Your turn!!!" He yelled jumping around. "Mon amour, this is embarrassing to watch," Francis laughed. "Be honest Francis, you were secretly in love with me this whole time," Arthur laughed slamming his fist on the wall. "If I said yes would you stop?" Francis asked, looking defeated. Arthur shook his head in a goofy smirk. "Nuh-uh," he laughed. "Well, I was going to say yes anyway," Francis laughed making Arthur stared at him seriously. A light blush started to form across his cheeks.

"Really? Hic" Arthur started to hiccup from the booze. Francis nodded, making Arthur look around for a seat. "I bet you that I can put my leg over my head" Arthur laughed changing the subject. "No, thank you" Francis continued to stare at him sadly. "Arthur, what am I going to do with you?" He asked, disappointed. "Let's sleep together!!!" Arthur started to jump around excited. "No, you are drunk," Francis added, trying to get the drunken man to calm down.

"Is it because you know you can't resist my charm?" Arthur asked laughing.
"Arthur, the only charming thing about you is your ability to be oblivious 99 percent of the time."
"Nuh uh"
"Yes"
"But you still like me, right?" Arthur asked innocently, smiling at Francis with a tilted head.
"Sadly....yes," Francis said, defeated, staring at Arthur's cute appearance. Arthur soon started to rock himself back and forth in a drunken mess. "You are too drunk to be taken out or be kept by yourself. You will stay here tonight" Francis started to lift Arthur up to his feet to help him walk. "Please let me sleep with you," Arthur smiled getting close to Francis's face. "Not tonight," Francis said pulling Arthur to the guest bedroom. "Francis, you smell so good," Arthur said, pulling Francis closer, smelling his neck.

"Ah...what are you doing?" Francis stiffened at this; He started to feel his cheeks turn red. All he could think was "I have to keep it cool," he wanted Arthur but knew it was not the time for it since he was drunk. "I am glad you are my soul mate," Arthur whispered against Francis's skin. However... Francis heard this. Arthur's words made his heart beat faster, and his eyes widen at what just happened.
"I am your what?" Francis asked, trying to get clarification. "You heard me.....cutie," Arthur laughed, pinching Francis's nose. "I am your soul mate?" Francis asked, shocked as ever yet highly excited. Arthur nodded, pulling himself to the floor and falling asleep by Francis's feet.

Five minutes had passed as Francis tried to process what had happened. "Let me put you in bed," Francis smiled lightly, picking Arthur up. "You said it was no one you knew.." Francis spoke to the sleeping Arthur as if waiting for him to answer his statement. "I can see why you hid it though," Francis smiled as he placed Arthur onto the bed in the guest room, placing the covers over his body to not get cold. "Your secret is safe with me," Francis added moving hair out of Arthur's face lightly yet so lovingly. "He really is the worst drunk in the world," Francis thought smiling down at Arthur, seeing his sleeping face and thinking how cute he looked fast asleep.

"I was hoping it was you," Francis smiled kissing Arthur's cheek. Getting up from the bedside, Francis turned the lights off, leaving the room where the sleeping British man was at lay.  As Francis cleaned up that night, he could not hide his smile, thinking about Arthur, and the knowledge he had obtained from him. "Of course, I won't tell him I know," he thought putting the dishes away. "For now, I will see where this goes, He never said he loved me" Francis added to his thoughts as he started to get ready for bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading so far!