Mama - XXII.

Beyoncé sat quietly as her mother yelled and screamed to the top of her lungs. She knew her mother would be upset about her disappearing, but she wasn't expecting this.

And she still haven't told her about the pregnancy.

"Are you even listening to me?" Tina yelled, making Beyoncé break out of her thoughts to look at her distraught mother.

"Mama I'm listening, but you're not letting me get any words in. I know disappearing with him wasn't the best idea, but I lo—"

"I don't want to hear you say you love him. You're 19! You don't even know what love is got dammit! One man start sweet talking you and now you're on the run with him, being the naive girl I taught you not to be."

Beyoncé bit the inside of her cheek to prevent her from saying what she wanted to say. She felt she needed to defend herself, but upsetting her mother even more was not on her to-do list.

"Okay mama, I apologized," Beyoncé rolled her eyes, "I can't go back into the past and change anything. All I can do is make up for it and I'm starting now by saying I'm sorry."

Tina pursued her lips to the side, "Girl please, you definitely right about that because if your fast ass would've gotten locked up, you would have no other choice but to make up for it and do the time because I wasn't bailing ya out!"

Beyoncé slowly nodded, knowing her mother was being truthful. "I know mama, and I'm sorry."

"And the nerve of you to be missing classes behind this fella! If he really loved you, he wouldn't have put you in a situation that'll mess up your future."

Beyoncé sat quietly knowing that was true as well, but she wanted to be with him so it wasn't necessarily Hov's fault.

"So now you ain't got nothing to say?" Tina exclaimed, "Is the dick that good?"

Beyoncé gasped and tried her best to fight the laugh that she felt coming on. Sometimes she just couldn't take her mother serious, "Oh my gosh mama, please!"

"Don't act all shy now! You know that's all it is."

"It's really not mama. Like I said, I really do love him. He's a great guy that happened to have got himself in some trouble. I didn't realize how big of an issue it was until now. I really do apologize for disappointing you."

Tina sucked her teeth and looked around the apartment she was paying monthly for her daughter. Beyoncé had been living with Hov, but because her mother was in town, she assumed it was best to meet at her apartment.

This was her first day back and her mother could tell that she wasn't living there by how empty her room looked.

"You should look into Texas Southern or University of Houston, because you're leaving here and moving back home with me."

Beyoncé frowned, "Um, what? Why? Mama, I'm 19! I'm doing jus—"

"No! You came to Texas A&M to get your fucking degree and come home. Not mess around with some hoodlum and get distracted from the reason you're here in the first place."

"I made one mistake mama! Really? Please don't do this to me, I swear I'll do whatever it takes to earn your trust again but you cannot do this to me. I have no more than a year left and you want me to transfer!?"

Beyoncé was furious with the decision her mother made for her. She didn't want to be anywhere else other than Texas A&M and it didn't have anything to do with Hov. She was close to graduating and knew that transferring would only prolong her graduation date.

Tina shook her head, "I mean it. This guy has your head fucked up and I'm not dealing with this."

"No he doesn't! Everyone is so quick to judge him when he's not this bad person mama. Maybe if you met him, it'll change your mind."