The Beginning - I.

Beyoncé sat in her room alone, staring at the book before her

Beyoncé sat in her room alone, staring at the book before her. She had suppose to been studying but got distracted when she pulled out her poetry book and began to write.

This is usually how her nights were. She would convince herself to study a little, but eventually her thoughts took over and she could no longer concentrate. Writing poetry was suppose to help her to release those thoughts, but soon as she picked up a pen she couldn't stop writing.

She took a sip of her coffee and removed the reading glasses off her face. It was only a few minutes after midnight, but it seemed to have been three in the morning.

Hearing the front door open and close and loud chatter, she turned down the Erykah Badu that was blasting from the stereo to hear what was going on.

"I cannot wait!" She heard her roommate say. She then heard another familiar voice and in no time, they were banging on her room door.

She rolled her eyes and paused the music before getting out of her comfortable position to unlock the door.

"Grouchy?" Her roommate questioned sarcastically. Beyoncé gave her a fake smile, still standing by the door wondering what they wanted.

"You must be studying?" Her friend asked. She looked between the two girls, Nicki and Kelly. Kelly was her roommate and long time friend since middle school, and then there's Nicki — someone Beyoncé met her freshman year. Somehow, she was much more closer to Nicki than Kelly, despite how long they've known one another. Nicki was her best friend and Kelly was too at one point but she was slowly changing into someone Beyoncé didn't know.

"Well I was, kinda. Where y'all been?" She asked, giving them access to come inside her room. She sat on her bed and Kelly joined her while Nicki sat at her desk.

"Dining hall," Kelly said, "But a little birdie told us that the football players are having a party and we were wondering if you was down to go."

"Nope." Beyoncé said quickly. She loved having fun and all, but she wasn't very social and definitely wasn't friendly. She left that to Kelly who seemed to be friends with everyone.

"I told you." Nicki said to Kelly. She knew Beyoncé all to well.

"You never go out with us though," Kelly said with a pout, "Just this one time, please!"

Beyoncé stared down at the date and time on her laptop, "It's Tuesday. Who party on a Tuesday?"

"Everybody!" Kelly laughed, "You don't even have to dress up. Just put on something chill."

Beyoncé sighed and looked towards Nicki who simply just shrugged her shoulders.

"Let me just find something to wear." She mumbled, hopping out of bed and making her way to her closet.

Beyoncé was very much into fashion. She was one of those girls that could do both. She was always in the latest Jordan's and she always had something to match.