Taken - XIII.

Beyoncé

"When do you think you would be coming home?" My mom asked, as I set my iPhone camera upwards on the counter. We've been on Facetime for almost thirty minutes just talking, but now I was hungry. I was going to attempt to cook one of the meals she had given me.

"Uh, I don't know," I answered truthfully, "Maybe a couple of days before Christmas."

This week was the very last week before we were out for winter break. I was excited for the most part since I'll have my hard classes out the way and won't have much stress on me next semester. Soon after that, I'll be graduating.

"Oh okay," My mom answered, "I want you to meet someone when you get here."

I looked at her through the camera and frowned, "Please don't tell me you went out and found you a man."

My mom started smiling and I acted as if I was disgusted. Not that I really was, but it was still taking some getting used to. My parents were divorced and it was pretty weird thinking about them with other people.

"I did! And you're going to meet him. I talk about you to him all the time so it's like he pretty much knows you."

"Mhm," I mumbled, "I might have to introduce you to someone as well."

She smirked at me, "The football player?"

I literally almost threw up in my mouth. I poured a little bit of water into the pot and then put it onto the stove, "Heck no mama. That wasn't even a thing. I ended that before it even got started."

"Aw, well who's the new guy?"

I shrugged, "You'll just have to meet him one day. I don't want to tell you his name because I know you'll get to searching and I don't need that."

She laughed, "He must have a record? I hope not. You don't want anyone messing up your reputation."

I stayed quiet and acted as if I wasn't paying her any attention. I know my mom may be a little disappointed when she figure out who my man was, but oh well. Hov wasn't a bad guy at all, he's just very different than the typical school boys I used to date.

"Anyways, I'm going to start on my pasta and I'll send you a picture of it once I'm done!" I told my mom as I grabbed my phone. I put her on pause and went to my messages to send a group text out to Kelly and Nicki.

I'm cooking Cajun Shrimp Alfredo if anyone wants some.
delivered

Kelly: Aw shit.

Nicki: I'm good. I'm not trying to die tonight.

Fuck both of you.
delivered

"Okay baby girl, call me if you need anything."

"Okay mama, love you."

We ended our call and sat my phone back down on the counter. I went to my music app and clicked on my Hip Hop playlist. Hearing this rapper by the name of Gunna come on the stereo made my hips move a little to the song.

I wasn't much of a Hip Hop listener, but being around Hov for so long made me become this way. I love being in the car with him because he always put me on new music.

"It actually smells good in here. I'm surprised." I heard Kelly say as she entered our apartment. She sat her bag down in the chair and came over beside me.

"Get the fuck away," I laughed, "You don't want any, remember?"

She laughed, "I didn't technically say that, but I'll take a sample when you're done and if it's good I'll get some."