Chapter nineteen : Incentives

Start from the beginning

And today Vihan had took her to a place where he had organised a surprise dinner for her...with music free of cost!

It was not a starry night but cloudy night. Wind was little cold and darkness was more. The place he had chosen was another famous lack in Udaipur...where he  had to bribe for having late night access..

where he  had to bribe for having late night access

Naina was still on gate when He turned to see her..

He went to her.

'Yaha kyu khadi ho? Hamara khana waha he.'

And she trembled.....

'Its formal. Nothing special. Kyu darti ho tum? We are friends first on both sides, remember?'

And she somehow covered the distance..and arrived where a mat was spread on the grass. View of lake was just few steps ahead and the lunch box which Vihan had brought was also just too close. Aroma filled her nose. Vihan saw her inhaling deep and then he smiled a little...

Just little...a weak smile that could tell approval only .

'Yaha aane ke chakkar me mere ko na bahut papad belne pade...Now eat before I change my mind and both of us leave for base empty stomach.'

He talked while serving her plate telling her about history of the place...and recreating many stories together.

Food was ordinary. It looked ordinary because it was perhaps made by some one rookie. Perhaps Vihan or Riya...or new cook who had arrived two days back in mess.

It was some local Rajasthai dish.

'You know, Hum logo ne yaha teen mahino me terah sites chhan maari he! We had explored those sites completely. Yaha tak ki lambai aur gahrai tak maap li. Forts ki deewaro ki lambai, Toof kitni oonchi he sab. It was too fun. Riya  to waha apna naam bhi likh kar aayi he. Actually chipka kar aayi he..with a sticky note...and A P.S. below...'

He saw her nodding but smiling little...

He carried on talking gaining approvals and smiles....

Soon food was finished. Hence he brought out his music player....

'Kya sunogi?'

'Huh? You brought music?' She asked surprisingly. And for a second Vihan was smirking but the very next moment he was setting player up..

Soon music played...and Vihan hummed along..

'Stop ruining it.' She told him...

When he disobeyed, she punched him and stopped the player...

'What! Accha to gaa raha tha..'

'That was brutal murder of very good song. Now shut up for next few minutes..'

Viha saw her closing her eys as if going back to memory lane and searching for something...something to give her final push. Her face changed colours and then...he saw her lips curling themselves. Soon they moved and her words and tune mixed up...came out as a song...He Kept on staring.