Ethan Charleston, a boy with a positive attitude and kind soul— passed away at the young age of twelve years old. The brutal accident took place at 3:25pm on Wednesday September 18th when the boy ran out into the road in front of a moving vehicle that killed him instantly. His sister, only living three houses down from the scene, had to face the image of her twin brother dead on the asphalt.

He just wanted all the bad people to go away.

September 18th 2025
(Present Day)

Harry Styles

I stared down at the diamond ring on my pinky finger, forearms resting on my knees as I was sat in the trolley bus that was bringing us to the main square of Ashbourne.

I remember the day I picking this out, it was right after Briar was born and Amelia was recovering in the hospital. I snuck out for a few hours and drove to the nearest jewelry store to quickly grab a ring. I ended up being in that god damn jewelry store a lot longer then planned because I got so overwhelmed with ring choices. I wanted her to have the perfect one, and that's when I found this.

It was hard to look at it now, on my own pinky finger. I was to have a piece of her with me today, but looking at this ring just reminded me of heartbreak. It was so hard to leave her, but I had to. There were so many more things I wanted to tell her but even if I had another day with her I'd still never get to the end of the list. We were on borrowed time, we knew this day was coming.

"Hey." I felt a hand place to my arm as I was sat on the bench in the back of the trolley. I flick my eyes in the seat across from me and see Niall sitting there with gloom on his face, Louis next to him who was twiddling his thumbs and staring off into space.

"I'm sorry, about Amelia and Briar." Niall said meaningfully.

My eyes flicked back to my hands and I nodded, not knowing what to say.

"Me too." I mumbled in regret.

"We can still make it out, we aren't dead yet. They may even accept your surrender." He tries to comfort but there's was no use at this point. We had to face the fact we were walking into a bloodbath, on the front line. It could just possibly be we will be dead within seconds once it begins.

"They won't accept." I shake my head in disbelief.

"You don't know that." He immediately rebuttals as we were sat on this rickety vehicle swarmed with men standing and sitting all around.

"But why would they accept that? After all this planning." I darted my eyes up to meet his again.

He stared blankly at me for a moment, searching his brain for an answer. It wasn't Niall's job to comfort me at a time like this, he didn't have the answers to make me feel better. He was also going into a devastating war that could kill him, it's not fair to him to try and talk me down from my own dark thoughts.

"Louis, tell him we're gonna make it out of this. You've been excited for this war haven't you?" Niall turns his head to his right to look at Louis.

He was sat there leaned on his knees and still staring off into space like something was on his mind. He had a hard time leaving Audrey, so he probably wasn't in a good mood either.