228

Holy so I started watching vampire diaries today JUST because of all the daddy comments about Damon every time he's in one of the gifs I use and HOLY SHIT I UNDERSTAND WHAT EVERYONE MEANS. IM OBSESSED WITH HIM NOW.

and speaking of daddy..

Harry Styles

When the sounds of screaming filled my ears, I shot my eyes open with a racing heart. A cold sweat broke out all over my body instantly from the screaming. The bedroom was pitch black and I immediately shot upright from my sleep.

When I turned my head, I saw Amelia balled up on the bed with her knees tucked under her body and her hands taking fistfuls of hair at the back of her head. Her forehead was into the mattress as she screaming bloody murder.

I instantly felt panicked, sitting up on my knees and turning to her.

"Amelia what's wrong?" I shout in concern, but she just keeps screaming.

"Amelia." I say again, getting panicked. It's like she couldn't hear me.

The door bursts open and Niall runs in all panicked half awake. His hair was a mess and his eyes were nearly shut but he looked red alert.

"What's going on?" He shouts in alarm, looking at Amelia screaming.

"I don't know she is just screaming but she won't acknowledge me! I don't know if she's hurt or what's going on!" I say in panic, running my hands back through my hair.

She was pulling her hair so hard, making her knuckles go white. She screamed into the bedding like she was being stabbed a million times.

"Baby, please." I rubbed her back, dying to know what was wrong.

"Harry, I think she's having a night terror. This is exactly what you looked like when you had yours." Niall says over the yelling.

I look back down at Amelia and realize that's exactly what this is. She took my pill and shes enduring one of the side effects of it that I went through in the beginning.

"God princess." I feel absolutely awful.

I get out of bed and walk over to her side, turning her scared body over.

"Harry you need to leave her, there is nothing you can do and if you anger her it's going to make things worse." He warns while I switch her curled body to her back.

"I'm not going to sit her and watch her scream in terror Niall! I have to do something." I snap back, suddenly hearing the sounds of Briar's crying come through the monitor.

I look at the monitor to hear her crying from a result of a disrupted sleep. Now both of my girls were screaming and it was truly heartbreaking for me.

"Niall please can you help me out and go try and get Briar to stop." I ask.

"But how do-"

"Just walk around with her and bounce her a little. Please, I need to focus on Amelia right now." I state in a panic.

"O-okay." He nods and rushes out of the room.

I slide my arm under her knees and the other under her neck, lifting her screaming body up. Her eyes were pinched shut with tears stumbling out of them. She kept her hands balled in her soft brown hair, pulling with all her might. I walked to the balcony door, opening it up and stepping out to the cool night air. The breeze was light and calming, while the moon shined through the trees. It wasn't cold, it was just breezy.

Her screams turned to a struggling whine like she was in pain. I dropped to my knees on the balcony, sitting crosslegged with her held in my arms. My one forearm was under her head while the other was under her knees. I curled her up to me as she whimpered in pain and was enduring this awful night terror.

"Shh sweetheart.." I convey while resting my cheek on the top of her head, pecking it softly. There was nothing I could do, it was tearing me apart. I thought the cold air would help her wake up maybe, even relax her a little.

"D-don't-" she cried in her sleep. "I-I'm sorry!" She said louder.

"God baby." I said in guilt while pulling her closer into her chest. I tried anyway that I could to soothe her but she just kept mumbling struggling words like she was in pain. I just wanted her to wake up, it was torture hearing her like this.

"Please!" She cried while becoming tense in my arms.

My pills were doing the same thing to her that they did to me when I first started taking them. I just wanted her to wake up and snap out of this awful night terror she was experiencing. I could hear Briar crying inside still and I felt like my mind was spinning in alert from having both Briar and Amelia breaking down.

I kissed Amelia's head and shut my eyes, swaying back and forth lightly in hope she'd wake up calmly. Every time she spoke another struggling word I scrunched my face a bit, feeling her pain. I kept my cheek rested on the top of her head, shushing her soothing in the cool air of the night.

"I'm sorry sweetheart." I whispered while feeling useless to her in this moment. "I'm so sorry."

She suddenly started crying, and when she did, I lifted my head and looked down at her to see she was awake, putting her hands to her face and crying.

"Har-ry.." She cried my name.

I pulled her up, making her straddle me in an embrace. Her arms wrapped tight around my neck as she cried. I kept my arms wrapped around her body, holding her tightly against me and nuzzling my head in her neck.

"It's over now." I whisper in guilt.

She nodded into my neck and cried, holding me tight like someone was going to rip her away. I kept my eyes shut while feeling her racing heart against mine.

"I got you okay. None of it is real." I whisper, kissing her ear that was hidden underneath her hair.

She was so shaky in my arms, hugging me so tightly. I go to stand up to bring her back inside, lifting her with me but she immediately halts.

"N-no please not yet." She objects so I freeze again. "Please can we stay here for a moment?" She says in tears, pulling back from my neck and looking into my eyes with her puffy red ones.

"O-okay, we can stay here, just relax." I nod, resting my forehead on hers. She nodded and shut her eyes, holding the sides of my neck. I fall backwards, laying down on the balcony and pulling her with me. She lays on my chest, curling up and breathing softly. She was really shaken up, her night terror must've been hell. Her head rests on my collar, my hand rubbing her back to calm her.

"We can stay here all night if it makes you feel better." I whisper, shutting my eyes.

//