284

Liam Payne

The water rushes against my skin, my breath being held as I glided through the water. My arms stretched forward to give me motion, my legs kicking to add speed. I swam through the pool in laps, the water refreshing my body as well gave me strength.

I reached the pool wall and flipped, pushing off to go back the other way. My routined swim was the best part of my day, it really cleared my mind and got me past the ptsd in my head from being held underwater from when I was tortured by Deception.

I kept doing my rounds, only coming up for air when I needed it. I kept the lapses counted in my head, doing a mild twenty.

Swimming has been one of my favourite things to do here, it was very peaceful and relaxing as well as give me a mild workout. I won't lie, swimming also is fun when you try to do things like handstands and stuff.

But no one needs to know I do that...

I swam underwater to the wall, completing my last lap. When I grabbed the edge and brought my head up from the water, I was facing a pair of black boots that where right at the edge of the pool. My insides tightened a bit as I was caught of guard by these feet that were an inch from my face.

I look up at the body that was blocking the sun, rubbing my eyes from the water so I could see clearly.

"Got quite the set up here I see." The deep familiar voice spoke as I was looking up at Harry in his sunglasses and dressed in black from head to toe.

It's been a while..

He had a visitors lanyard around his neck, standing there looking down at me through his Raybans with a small smile.

"Styles?" I stepped back a few in the water to see him better, knowing it was him but that's all I could think to say. "What are you—"

"I wanted to come by." He cuts me off but answers my question.

I thought he hated me, the last time we spoke is when my outbreak made Amelia loose their unborn baby. I haven't communicated with him at all, only Niall and Louis. I didn't know where we stood but I didn't think he would ever be standing here.

"We haven't spoken in months, I thought you—"

"—Hated you? You have no idea what's even been happening these past few months Li." He says in slight grief and a head shake, making me confused.

"What do you mean?" I swim to the ladder, stepping up it and out of the water onto the warm surface so I was at his level.

"You look good." He compliments. "Healthy." He adds.

"Thanks.. erm do you wanna get lunch or something? There's a diner here in the east wing." I ask while walking over to the lawn chair to grab my towel, creating puddles of water as I walk.

"There's a diner?" He turns his head around, amazed at the amenities here.

"Yeah, c'mon I'll show you." I say while rubbing my hair with the towel to make it less soaked.

I got all dried off and changed before we went to the diner that was in this rehabilitation centre. We haven't really made much conversation and I was still really confused on why he was actually here. I literally haven't seen him in months, Louis and Niall stop by when they can, but not Harry.

We sit down at a table that had a white table cloth and fine silverware already set up. The room was quite elegant, the giant windows giving a view of the garden and tons of natural light. I've never been used to these kind of luxuries in life but I got to say I've really come to appreciate it since being here.