253

hey so sorry for late update BUUUT I actually spent 2 hours writing this then it all got erased!!! ASK ME IF IM OKAY BECAUSE IM NOT. plus I'm in exam season so 2 hours are precious. Anyway I rewrote it so enjoy.

Amelia Adams

Peace, that's what we needed.

The party where all the mayhem broke loose was marked a week ago from today. Harry and I have not left the cabin during this week because we just wanted to spend time with Briar in our safe little hideaway.

I've realized more and more that the happiest I am is when I'm in this cabin, it was the only place that was untouched by any evil. Briar was full on teething at this point and she was able to eat harder solids now. Besides what happened at the party, Harry has had hoped that Deception and Salvation think he is dead. He's been trying not to think too much about it because he doesn't want to get my hopes up, but apart of him couldn't contain his excitement for it. After all, if they think he's dead, they won't look for him anymore.

And that's the thing, that had him. They had him chained up to torture, but surprisingly just let him go. The left him in that forest to rot after all.

Maybe we could start living our lives, normally.

It was shy of nine when I woke up in the empty bed with the warm light leaking through the windows. My body was tangled in the sheets without Harry taking up his half of the bed. Within time I slowly got up and threw on one of Harry's big shirts, walking down the hallway to brush my teeth and wash my face.

I brushed my hair and put it up into a ponytail, loosening it a bit so it wasn't so tight and pulling out some of my stray hairs in front of my ears.

I walked down the wooden staircase to the empty living room, smelling something good coming from the kitchen. As I peaked into the kitchen, I saw Briar sitting in the high chair while Harry sat in front of her holding out the spoon of green baby food for her to eat. He was just in his grey track pants, his hair pushed back out of his face.

"C'mon Briar it's good." He holds the spoon to her mouth but she seems to refuse it, moving her head back and forth to avoid it touching her lips.

I smile to myself and grab his phone that was sitting on the counter, turning it on and starting to take a video without him knowing.

"It's yummy." He tries to persuade her with an open mouth smile, his eyes lighting up. She still refuses, shaking her head and furrowing her brows at him.

"Look." Harry brings the spoon and puts it in his own mouth, eating the baby food which I already knew was a mistake.

The minute the substance touched his tongue his face went sour and he spit it back out into the small jar immediately. I laughed silently and watched through the phone screen as he spits it all out.

"Oh my god no wonder you hate this." He squints and reads the label of the jar.

Briar laughs at him, her dimples carving into her cheeks.

"New plan." Harry says while putting the jar down with the little spoon in it on the table next to him and grabs the banana and butter knife.

"You can have my breakfast." He chuckles while peeling the banana.

He cuts off small pieces of the banana, going back and forth between her and him with eating a piece. He would place his thumb on one side of the banana and push the dull knife through the other side until the edge met the pad of his thumb. He then would hold the small piece out on the flat side of the butterknife, holding it out for Briar to retrieve.