xxx. wait, what?

HARLZZ

i'm outside ur house

come out

COLE🐝

what why

HARLZZ

just come outside

bring that blanket too pls

COLE🐝

give me 5 minutes

and with that, harlow's plan had commenced. kat and dev had given the girl lots of ideas on how to talk to colby about their almost kiss, but harlow had decided to go with her gut. the first time the two had ever hung out alone was in harlow's jeep with random snacks from the nearest ralphs.

harlow didn't want to overthink her plans, so she decided to replicate the first time they hung out. she had already purchased the snacks, including the red bulls and a new pack of cigarettes. once colby came out of the house, she planned on driving to the beach and talking openly and honestly.

so after about ten minutes, colby finally came out of the house and through the gate towards harlow's jeep.

she rolled the passenger window down to speak to the boy. "get in loser, we're going to the beach,"

colby looked at the girl with confusion written in his features. "harlow it's one-thirty in the morning and the nearest beach is like an hour away,"

"good thing i didn't ask if you wanted to go to the beach, hey?" harlow responded sarcastically. "each second you stand outside is one more second wasted,"

harlow watched as colby quickly looked between the house and harlow's jeep, clearly weighing his options. he then opened the door to the jeep and slid into the passenger seat.

"someone's feeling a little bossy tonight," colby said while buckling his seat belt.

harlow shrugged, watching the road ahead of her as she began the drive to the beach. "i mean if it gets the job done,"

before harlow could explain to colby why she didn't tell him she was coming, or why they were going to the beach so late, colby spoke up. "low key, why do i feel like you're bringing me to the beach so late to murder me and throw me in the ocean?"

harlow laughed loudly. "okay, that's a bit fuckin' dramatic, brock,"

"dude, you asked me to bring a blanket. try and convince me you're not about to wrap my fucking corpse in it and send me on my way,"

this time harlow rolled her eyes at the boy, "you watch way too much scary shit. do i look like a murderer to you? wait, don't answer that," this time colby laughed.

"well if you must know, i just haven't talked to you in a while so i thought a late-night rendezvous at the beach would be kinda fun," she said, drumming her fingers on the steering wheel anxiously. "like the first time we hung out. i even brought the snacks,"

colby shifted to look in the backseat to find a few grocery bags stuffed with snacks that the two shared commonly. "just saying, this looks like it could be a last meal."

"oh my god colby, i'm gonna lose my shit," harlow groaned.

colby held his hands up in defence. "joke. just a joke. no need to kill."