xii. be sneaky

it really didn't take kat and devyn long to convince their friend to skip class and come have a friends day out, however; harlow didn't need too much convincing. kat, devyn, and xepher gave harlow half an hour to get her shit together and be ready downstairs for the girls.

moving at record speed, harlow managed to finish up her editing and get herself downstairs before her friends had even arrived. after another hour of driving, the four girls finally arrived at the pier.

"see harls isn't this better than morning class?" dev asked while grabbing her bag out of katrina's back seat.

harlow laughed in response. "as long as i don't get an email about my attendance, yes"

"it's college, why the fuck would they even care about attendance?" the blue-haired girl asked.

"we're a competitive program i guess," harlow shrugged while following devyn and xepher out of the parking lot.

the girls made their way towards the pier, listening to devyn scream about how excited she was for dippin' dots every five minutes. it was only about 11 in the morning, but devyn swore that it wasn't weird.

xepher and harlow waited at a table for katrina and devyn to come back with dippin' dots. just as harlow was about to ask xepher what the girls wanted to do for the day, someone came up behind her, put their hands on her back and shouted, "what are you doing here?"

harlow screamed, spinning around in her seat ready to punch. as she looked behind her, she saw her brother, manically laughing at his younger sister who he just scared shitless. "fuck you, elton!" harlow glared at her brother, shoving him away from her.

behind elton was jake and tara, sam, colby, griffin, and jay. harlow assumed that corey had managed to find devyn by the dippin' dots stand.

"you're just too easy to scare!" elton managed to get out between laughs. "but hey, what the fuck? thought you had classes on wednesdays?"

"i do," harlow responded. "kat and dev managed to convince me to miss classes,"

"c's get degrees!" harlow heard katrina shout from the stand, grinning wildly at her friend. harlow held up her middle finger in response.

jake, tara, griffin, elton, and jay squished at the empty table next to the girls, while colby and sam sat at the table with the two girls. "so, what do y'all wanna do first?" corey asked as he, devyn, and kat made their way back to the group.

after a few minutes, the girls had managed to convince the boys to play the games first.

"i'm ready to fuck some shit up!" harlow laughed, grabbing kat's arm and tugging her over to the whack-a-mole game. "i have lots of pent-up anger towards profs who give me shitty grades, so i'm so ready,"

katrina laughed at her friend, knowing how intense harlow was about high grades. "let's do this,"

the group followed the two girls and watched intensely as harlow and katrina played the game. harlow stayed true to her word and intensely focused in on the game, while kat spent most of her time trying to whack harlow to cause her to lose focus.

in the end, harlow was able to pick out a small stuffed animal. as she held it in her hands, she looked at her blue-haired friend, "if you play fair maybe you can win one, too," harlow teased, making elton and sam laugh.

"not fair," kat whined, "you were fuelled by anger,"

elton nodded in agreement, "she is right, that's an unfair advantage,"

harlow rolled her eyes at the two. "alright, round two, let's go,"

her friends dramatically made "oooh" sounds, as if they were suddenly back in middle school and were watching a fight about to break in the teacher's parking lot after school.